• Time
  • Show
Clear All

congrats on the non smoking

i wish i could say the same. argh.
    Patti
    Diagnosed 2/11/99
    Avonex 3/2/99
    Tried Tecfidera for 3 weeks. Couldn't handle side affects. Back on Avonex, for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Patti3250 View Post
      i wish i could say the same. argh.
      Thanks Patti! It is soooo hard to stay off of them, now I know why people say it's easier to never start than to quit... at least 9 times a day I am still saying to myself "it will be easier if I just have a cigarette," LOL!! Supposedly I won't stop thinking about it ALL THE TIME until about the 4th month nicotine-free? I'll probably break before then. :P

Sorry for hijacking your original post, Sasha - I tend to do that a lot! You guys should probably block me from responding to your stuff... LMAO!!!
      Kristen
      DX'd 2.9.11
      Has NO idea what she's doing

Comment

This post is soo extremely true and I found myself kinda giggling a bit because I too have the same issue.

Last Friday I actually went into my neuro office and I let him know that I was not EVER giving myself a shot in my thigh EVER again. He kinda looked at me and said "ok" lol I think I stunned him. Poor guy lol.

I have yet to quit smoking either Patti!! I will when I'm ready. UGH.
        Love, Laugh, Live...in this order
        Dx'd 2-24-11 - Baclofen 60 mg/day 5-11, LDN 4.5 mg/day 9-24-11, Cymbalta 60mg/day for pain 11-11

Comment

Originally posted by inmoni5 View Post
          This post is soo extremely true and I found myself kinda giggling a bit because I too have the same issue.

Last Friday I actually went into my neuro office and I let him know that I was not EVER giving myself a shot in my thigh EVER again. He kinda looked at me and said "ok" lol I think I stunned him. Poor guy lol.

I have yet to quit smoking either Patti!! I will when I'm ready. UGH.
          LOL, yes those thighs are the WORST. I hate them worst of all. YUCK. the nurse told me to skip thighs next rotation and try them again the time after that. I loved those words so much. Your comments to the neuro made me smile really big! LOL, that is awesome!
          Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
          ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

No thigh shots!!!

Told my neuro that he and my dh were not big enough to make me shoot in the thigh again. I have plenty of belly fat and hip fat. Don't know why but I tried shooting in thigh 4 different times on different legs and in different sites on the thigh and it was always extremely painful.
            All sunsets are beautiful, but the most amazing sunsets have a few clouds.

Comment

I have given my injection in my thigh and accidentally hit a vein that bleed a little. I try to do it in a well lit room so I can see the veins.

Comment

Wow!!

Lots of us are anti-thigh around here, huh? Maybe we should have a chant or something.... "Thighs are moot - we won't shoot! Thighs are moot - we won't shoot!" HAHAHAHAHA.

Sorry guys. I had a very long day. LMAO
                Kristen
                DX'd 2.9.11
                Has NO idea what she's doing

Comment

Originally posted by KMCangel00 View Post
                  Lots of us are anti-thigh around here, huh? Maybe we should have a chant or something.... "Thighs are moot - we won't shoot! Thighs are moot - we won't shoot!" HAHAHAHAHA.

Sorry guys. I had a very long day. LMAO
                  I like it. Thighs are bad, that is my story and I am sticking to it!
                  ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

I take the Rebif shots, and my legs(thighs) do the same thing!! I bleed no where else but when I do the legs it hurts!! It's sore for SERVERAL days!! and I bleed like a stuck hog!!LOL I usually only do the legs when I have "run-out" of other places. I have bad site reactions every where except my arms, but my arms get so sore! I call them my rasberrys!!

~Diagnosed July 2010~ ~Rebif July 2010-June 2011~Copaxone Aug.-Oct 2011~ No more shots for me!!~ I choose quality over quanity!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babygirl_vic View Post
                      I take the Rebif shots, and my legs(thighs) do the same thing!! I bleed no where else but when I do the legs it hurts!! It's sore for SERVERAL days!! and I bleed like a stuck hog!!LOL I usually only do the legs when I have "run-out" of other places. I have bad site reactions every where except my arms, but my arms get so sore! I call them my rasberrys!!
                      My arms get sore too. When you say "site reactions" what do you mean? My areas get kind of red, and itch for awhile. Is that a site reaction? The thigh ones get really red, inflammed and bleed on and off for a day. They stay red for 4 - 5 days. I know those are reactions! That much I figured out! LOL

Comment

my reactions are about the same, but they are bruse and then I run out and I just end up VERY sore and the red spots are like the size of a siver dollar and bruses too, they itch and are just bothersome and sore.

~Diagnosed July 2010~ ~Rebif July 2010-June 2011~Copaxone Aug.-Oct 2011~ No more shots for me!!~ I choose quality over quanity!!!

Comment

dread my Friday/thighdays!

Thighs are the WORST for me too! I have pretty muscular thighs so I have it on the lowest depth setting but it still never fails to give me a good 4-5 inch welt, insane itching, and burning (even when I take benadryl)!

Last night my leg turned pale and my veins looked like a bolt of lightning from the reaction! I didn't think I hit a vein since it didn't bleed, but from that reaction I guess I was wrong!

By the way, I take Copaxone.
                          "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power
                          is made perfect in weakness." -2 Cor. 12:9

dx 11.23.10 RRMS

Comment

Working...
                          X