Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tired of being tired

Hello guys,
    I was just writing to find out how you mange fatigue on the job. I currently have a part time job till May this year and my boss is very understanding and flexible. I feel I can do this job only because it is part time. I feel tired most of the time and I have to fight my fatigue all the time. Can you please share with me how you handle your fatigue?

nap at lunchtime.

I have an alarm on my cellphone. A quick half hour nap can help. There are also rx's that may help if you talk to your dr. I never used any of them because I didn't want another med. I take ambien to sleep for insomnia. I didn't want something to keep me up. The nap was usually enough for me. When it wasn't I dragged my butt through the day and collapsed when I got home.

Comment

That is actually what i have to do also, drag my tush all day and then finally get to crash after my kids are feed, bathed and tucked in. Thankfully I have my husband to help me I could not image doing it alone.

Comment

How do you stay awake; tired of being tired...

I am currently out on disability leave. My ride could only get me to work by a certain time so I had to be at my job 43-44 hrs per week even though I was only paid for 40 hrs. I used ot have flex time and they took that away. After three years, it took a toll on my body! While working, I took 1/2 tablet of Provigil (wakefulness drug) to be able to function. I also take five muscle relaxers per day plus allergy medications. If it wasn't for the Provigil, I could not have managed. One word of caution, a wakefulness drug tells your brain you are not sleepy so it may not register that your "body" is physically tired and you could be in danger of your legs buckling or falling. Thank goodness, I was seated most of my day but not all of it.

Comment

coffee today

I am desperately tired today. I understand your pain.

Right now I am going to get some coffee. Hoping it helps. I eat an apply every morning. Masticating helps to wake you up
          Momma to 3 little ones

Comment

Pretty obvious I am tired...

I eat an APPLE every morning.
            Momma to 3 little ones

Comment

I'm tired of being tired 2

My biggest complaint to date with my recent (10 months ago) diagnoses of MS is the overwhelming fatigue.

I work full time at a desk job, assistant to the HR department.

There are days when I'm not sure I can manage getting through the day, but I struggle through, then I get to come home and start my other full time job, cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc., etc.

My husband helps out, but he puts in a full day at his job also and he does what he can when we get home to help out, but I don't want to become a burden, so some days I just push a little harder to get supper on the table, or that load of towels washed.

I will be 62 in 5 years and will be able to take an early retirement, but on days like today when I'm so fatigued and too tired to even think about eating supper, let alone fix it, those 5 years may as well be 100 years, because right now that's how long 5 years seems to me.

I hate being so tired, and that is really my biggest problem with having MS. So, I guess I need to stop complaining because with what this disease can do and has done to so many, being so tired is small in comparison.

But, I just had to vent, and thanks for reading.

Comment

Good question

I am the only accountant at a small company. We are under-staffed in every department. I worked every weekend last Jan - March and I am unsure I can do that this year.

I can see the expectation is there, but man, the game has changed now with the MS. I feel like telling them to go blow.

When I was hired last January, I was told the work week is 37.5 hours w/ paid lunch and it's 'family friendly'. I don't agree. I never worked less than 45 hours a week. A colleague was out for 4 months with cancer treatments and I begged for a temp. Request denied. I had to do a big portion of her job (payables) and she was behind, so my work was pushed aside. Now we are behind closing 2011 books, not my fault!

Why should I work every weekend through to April 1 to accomodate poor resource planning? I warned her I am able to do my job duties, but I'll be doing them slower.
                Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

Working...
                X