• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24, Indianapolis, Indiana dx 3/3/2010
    Diagnosed 3/3/2010 with Multiple Sclerosis

Comment

31 here as well.

Hey Luke Duke. I am 31, so now you have a buddy. Diagnosed at 24, undiagnosed by a second opinion. Now being re-diagnosed by a 4002nd opinion.

Heading to the Univ of Penn once and for all to see if it is all the result of a traumatic brain/spinal injury 25 yrs ago or is MS. None of these yahoos ever checked spinal fluis or checked my entire spine, did all the EMGs and never used dye in any MRI.

Some of my symptoms: was an athlete. Was a hiker. Was a runner (thought running was stupid, but could do it). Endless energy. Always had backbpain from the fall, but on and off through the years. Had to stop sports all together in High School. I had dead on accuracy as a pitcher in baseball (then softball when baseball was for boys only), 2qw recruited as my HS shortstop when I was 8. All-Star, Traveling team soccer. I became clumsy. My muscles got weak, hurt, got tired. I would okay, then in bed for weeks. Each time it got worse, it never went back to where it was before. It progressed. They diagnosed me with fibromyalgia at 18 before it was a fad. That BS doesn't progress.

I am now 30. My only social life is my husband, my sister, the phone, and managing 16 adult baseball games a year. After working 8 hours, I sleep for 20 at times, but usually I cannot sleep at all. It takes sleeping pills, muscle relaxers and pain pills to knock me out. Wake up exhausted. Vitamin B under tongue when I have to work.

I have had dozens of rhizotomies to sever the nerves in my neck. Right now I am on pain meds, antidepressants for mood swings and sleeping, muscle relaxants for constant and worsening spasm. Worried about fatigue meds as I am an insomniac. That part of my brain that shuts off was damaged. Migraines controlled with rhizotomies, but the insurance cover stopped paying except every 6 months. Just had epidural to help. Steroids help, but I have had medically enduced Cushings. Have to watch overusing. I have a clotting disorder thought to be Von Willebrands since it runs in the family, but just rules out. Cannot take anti-inflammatories. My memory is shot. Basic words. Short term okay. Long term gone. Anyone else sound like this? Wondering if it is all from my head injury.

Comment

MS dx

I am 27 and was diagnosed with a spinal tap in September 2010. I am still having a tough time with it, but I am dealing with it the best I can...

Comment

People my age ....

Hello,
          My name is Kerri. I am 29 and new here. I am messaging from my hospital bed where I have been stuck for a week. My MS is really getting me this time. Its a fairly new thing for me having been diagnosed in 2009. Its very scary. i woke up today yelling for a nurse because I couldnt move my legs. I am looking for some support and advice. Im in denver Colorado. Anyone out here

Comment

im a 31 year old female dx'd at 25 in brooklyn, ny. i know im over the 30 limit but i still look 25!!!

Comment

Connecting 1-on-1 with others.

Hey everyone, I've noticed several of you are looking to connect with others in your same age range that share this diagnosis. Please google Outdoor Mindset. If you have a passion for the outdoors and are looking for a connection with others; register and sign up for the Guide Program. Especially if you're located in Colorado!

Kyle
              Outdoor Mindset dot org.

Comment

Recently dx

I'm 26 and was dx on 6/9/11-although suspected for at least 4 years. I'm on my second week of Rebif. I live in the Detroit, MI area

Comment

Understand!

Originally posted by MsKerriCross View Post
                  Hello,
                  My name is Kerri. I am 29 and new here. I am messaging from my hospital bed where I have been stuck for a week. My MS is really getting me this time. Its a fairly new thing for me having been diagnosed in 2009. Its very scary. i woke up today yelling for a nurse because I couldnt move my legs. I am looking for some support and advice. Im in denver Colorado. Anyone out here
                  Kerri I understand what you were/are going through. Since everyone is giving info, I'm 26 female, 27 in less than 2 weeks, dx 2007. I was in hospital for week in May and then again June, then again last Wednesday for MS--and now found out have fibromyalgia and reactive arthritis. Not out in CO, but completely understand how horrible it is to be in a hospital bed looking for someone to talk to. I hope you feel better soon!!

As for everyone else on here, I'm in Chicagoland area.
                  Kari
                  Diagnosed RRMS March 2007

Comment

Hello nice to meet u

I am 29and very new to this all

Comment

Originally posted by grace4et View Post
                      im a 31 year old female dx'd at 25 in brooklyn, ny. i know im over the 30 limit but i still look 25!!!
                      I'm way over the limit. I'm 34 already and in Manhattan.

Comment

i might be a little young but i was diagnosed about 5 months ago and i am 20 from new jersey

Comment

27 dx at 20. where is everyone from?
                          Mommy of 2
                          His army wife forever!
                          Until all the troops come home

Comment

Male, 28 in Chicago here. Really stoked that we get to be young adults well into our 30's heh heh!

Comment

im 17 from AUSTRALIA yes im the one and only! (that i know of)
                              this website is just so helpful
                              got officially diagnosed last friday

Comment

IM 27 TURN 28IN A COUPLE WEEKS --IT LOOKS LIKE THERE IS TONS OF US IN THIS AGE GROUP---MAYBE THE MODERATORS CAN SET US UP WITH A CHAT OR A SITE TO DO SOO--SCARY ESPECIALLY IF U ARE ALONE LIKE ME --I WOULD LOVE TO TALK TO OTHERS IN MY AGE GROUP

Comment

Working...
                                X