TRYING TO MEET PEOPLE MY AGE 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm from Australia too!
    I don't have MS, I'm here for my boyfriend, 28yo.
    Diagnosed 2007 aged 24- started betaferon
    1st relapse 2008- changed to tysabri

Lovely to meet you all

Comment

I think that same thing!

Hey there,
      I am also 28 and was diagnosed 4yrs ago I have yet to meet anyone close to my age w/ ms and wish I had someone local to talk to. Everyone seems to be over 50...sometimes I feel it helps to discuss MS related things with not only someone that can relate but relate in age as well. I hope you are finding reassurance here!

Comment

hann-emily, i know a girl from panama who was dxd at 16(15?). she is one of 3 in the country
        Learn from yesterday
        Live for today
        Hope for tomorrow

Comment

wow, there are many more responses here then I had anticipated. Just stopped to take a look.
          29 in Oregon.
          Diagnosis (Dx) in 2006 but
          first episode (flare, relapse) was 2001 at 19 years old.
          Doing decently, working 40 hours a week, on Copaxone (since 2006) and paying attention to rest and heat.

Comment

Exchange point? TheSocial?

Wow! I'm very encouraged that there are so many responses to this thread. I don't think I realized how many young people with MS are part of MSWorld! This thread has been great for that. I'm not sure how much it has helped, though, by just listing our names, ages, and locations.

It sounds like a lot of us would like to know people our age who could understand what we are going through. The other thing that I wish this thread were able to do is to help make that happen!

I got a recent mailing from the Greater New England chapter of the NMSS that was talking about "exchange point" events. It is specifically a social event for people 18-35 who live with or are affected by MS.* There are 3 upcoming events (9/12, 9/14, and 9/19); each is a free dinner event and there is 1 guest per registrant. is there anyone else here who is thinking of going?

Let me know!
            -Jennie

*I imagine other chapters have similar events, but I don't know about them personally. I did hear about a similar thing going on in Denver, CO. Check out (http://www.meetup.com/The-Social-Denver/) for more info!
            Do not worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about itself. Sufficient unto the day is its own evil.
            -Matthew 6:34

Comment

Hi, I'm 28 in Brooklyn, diagnosed right after college... so whats that, 6 six years? Much support to everyone out there that's newly diagnosed and figuring this all out.

I've been in a drug study for six years, CombiRx, which followed Copaxone/Avonex use. Now that my study participation is wrapping I need to find a new treatment to start in November (I'm relapsing enough to think Copaxone or Avonex aren't right for me) - So this is the first place I came... great resource!

Comment

I'm 26 female from Dayton, OH. Diagnosed May 2010. I'm still trying to figure all this out. Sometimes I forget that I have MS and pretend like nothing is wrong until I have a flare up of some sort and then I remember... it's nice to hear from other people my age trying to deal also.

Comment

Im 27 and was diagnosed 11 years ago I live in Northern California. I have only had two relapses the first when I was 14 and aother a year ago. I'm trying to be more active in this portion of my life and reaching out for others like me. I currently have no symptoms and I am terrified for the next relapse... Too bad I have no idea when that will happen.

Comment

Hello i'm 27 diagnosed three weeks ago. From missouri.

Comment

SOO glad to see so many young people!!! (TERRIBLE we all have this disease, but it is nice to know I am not alone!!)

I am 24, mom of two, living in Canada.
                      I am in the very advanced stages of MS, as in I already am almost past the need for a walker, and I am on my way to wheelchair ( for the days I can get out of bed)

I really am glad I found this thread!!!

Stay well
                      Heather

Comment

Hi I am Milinda

Hi I am 30 and in WV and still in Limbo

Comment

26 years old as of 9/6, from Philly, diagnosed a week ago.

Comment

30 *gasp* it feels good but I miss saying 20 something. Diagnosed 08/2010 in the Austin, TX area.

Comment

HEY IM 27 - M

JUST DIANOSIED IN LATE 2010, WOULD RELLY LIKE TO HAVE A CHAT WITH SOME PEOPLE MY AGE THAT ARE GOING THROUGH THIS AS WELL - MY E-MAIL IS ** Moderator's note - e-mail address removed per MSWorld guideline #2. Your e-mail address can put in your profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. **

Comment

Originally posted by k2010si View Post
                                I'm one of the few male MSers I'm 27. 28 this sept.
                                I was 27 when I founded out... with was sept.2 2011 and turned 28 sept.8,2011 sum birthday gift huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X