No announcement yet.

hand coordination issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First thing I would recommend is to get blood work done if you haven't had it done recently. Anemia is common and can cause the body to feel cold.

However, if you're like me, I'm very cold sensitive. The type of cold differs too... with/without humidity, air conditioning verses outside weather, and so on.

There is a symptom called Parasthesias. That is when you have sensations such as 'pins and needles', 'crawling out of your skin', numbness or tingling, usually in the arms and legs. Perhaps the cold sensation is related to that. I get cold quite often at night and experience that 'crawling out of your skin' feeling.

I suggest writing sensory symptoms you may be having. Pay attention as to where they occur, time of day, does something make it feel better or bring it on.
    Depending on what you find, you may need to be bring it to your doctor's attention.

In the meantime, take note of your symptoms, bundle up and have some warm tea
    Be Well,
    Susan

Comment

Originally posted by diguilio View Post
      Hi.....I love the cold weather however this year I'm always cold. Could my MS have to with that?
      I get cold easily. In fact my feet are frozen all of the time.
      My Dr says it is due to neuropathy.

Comment

Yes, that's another common reason. Thanks for mentioning it.
        Be Well,
        Susan

Comment

I am finally going to make an appt with occupational therapist I did not realize how much I used my hands bought a new sewing machine with slrf threader, cannot use it, giving it to dd. back to using old machine but it takes me 1/2 hour or so to thread needle. when i can get someone to drive me, i will buy sonme needle threaders. so frustrated with myself........dd's friend suggested ot a long time ago but i did not think I neded one ialso like to do scrapbooking and this is dificult. i cannot giv up everything.

Thanks for listening.

judyS

Comment

Glad to hear you'll be going back for more therapy. Since you are having challenges with things you enjoy doing, share that information with the therapist. The therapy goals and treatment should be based on your needs and enjoyment.

Good luck with everything.
            Be Well,
            Susan

Comment

Working...
            X