Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age or MS

Originally posted by loopey View Post
    I was 65 when diagnosed. My neuro said all the signs pointed to MS EXCEPT my age! After the spinal MRI it was confirmed. I have had symptoms on and off for at least 10 years but it only got bad 2 years ago. Now I don't know whether to blame my age or the MS for the balance, sight and other problems.
    I was 59 with no idea I had anything wrong until a major medical event which kept me at home for over 3 months. That was almost 6 years ago. No family history, no health issues until then, no idea anything was wrong. Only one Doc has been smart enough to review smaller things in my life and believe my symptoms started at age 23 after a bacterial infection in my lungs. I too wonder what is MS, what is my age and why 80 year olds can go water rafting when I am too tired to wash dishes, do other chores and am just plain exhausted mentally and physically. My best to you cause I do understand.

Comment

I was dx at age 21 with RRMS after ON and had MRI showing 4 lesions. Neuro said I probably had MS at 16 and I agreed b/c thats when my bladder and left eye problems started.

No one else family has MS.

Take care, TS, on gilenya 3 yrs

Comment

I was diagnosed at the age of 33. Had first systems 2 years earlier. I am now 54 years old

Comment

Diagnosed 4 days before my 32 birthday. First symptom was ON at age 29. Started Avonex right after DX, switched to Betaseron after a year and half, switched to Gileyna 5.5 years ago and still on it.
          Rise up this mornin, Smiled with the risin sun, Three little birds Pitch by my doorstep Singin sweet songs Of melodies pure and true, Sayin, (this is my message to you-ou-ou

Comment

age at dx

I was diagnosed 3 months ago at the age of 59. Looking back, I now realize that I had symptoms as far back as 5 years ago, I just thought I was getting unusually clumsy!

Comment

Working...
            X