New MS target identified by Canadian researchers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New MS target identified by Canadian researchers

Now this makes some sense. Although there have been studies that show that certain white blood (immune) cells infiltrate the central nervous system and play a significant role in causing the damage that contributes to MS symtoms.
    Using a mouse model, researchers have discovered a molecular switch called EMMPRIN plays an important in MS. Also, in working with animal models, it was also found that EMMPRIN is significantly elevated in the brain lesions of MS patients.

What I get out of all this, is that researchers are one step closer. Finally, if it can be determined that if this EMMPRIN can be blocked, the damage caused by MS will be greatly reduced. I honestly believe that this is a real possability and within the my lifetime, (I'm 57) a vaccine will be available. I have no faith in CCSVI and have always believed it to be nothing more than a bandaid and would encourage all of us to donate more resorces to research so we can finally be done with this incideous disease.

i have to disagree with you on the CCSVI part. i had the surgery 18 days ago and have noticed a big improvment in my balance.

but with the said this is great news. i have come to believe that MS is the resukt of many things happening.

like uif ur born w/ A, that may lead 2 B, which causes C, and so on until u get to Z (or w/e letter it my b) which is MS
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Comment

This is why I walk.
      I donate around $500 annually and personally through my MS walk.
      I agree with you about CCSVI.
      Well look at you, Mr. Walkway. Go on, lead me to the building.

Diagnosed 09/24/99 RRMS, Copaxone 02/2011

Comment

Working...
      X