Medicare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medicare

In July my medicare will come into affect. That is also the month my divorce will be final and I will have to move. I'm trying to figure finances. Does anyone just have medicare or medicare plus a suppliment? I know it pays 80% of meds but that 20% can be bad with alot of meds. How does it work out for you all?

I take copaxone which is about 25k/year, and I am on medicare and a supplement insurance. I don't think the extra supplement even helps me cause this drug is so expensive (and all the other MS drugs, too), it's just the regular rules of Medicare which still is about 7 or 8000 because of the donut hole and copays. But it may help with the financial assistance.

I went with their financial help provider (it's on copaxone's website or you can call them, I think it's sharedsolutions), and with their help and the medicare supplement I have, I don't pay a penny for my daily Copaxone shot. I still pay for the monthly medicare, and Supplement payment.

Comment

Do you hae a lawyer? I don't understand why yu have to give up everything, like your house and medical insurance. I was so sorry that I hadn't had a lawyer during my divorce, because I ended up paying a fortune in charges on credit cards and in stores my DH had made.

I do have Medicare and an HMO insurance plan. It's not supplemental, but I can't think what it's called. It doesn't cost me anything because the premium is what my Medicare bill would be.
      As far as possible without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Comment

I forgot to say my insurance company decides which meds it will cover, and negotiates with pharm companies what the cost of the med will be, then they tell me what meds they cover and how much my copay is.

I doubt they pay 80% on the meds they do cover. Some of the prices they work out are really good, so I only have to pay a $5 copay on those.

I'm not on any of the CRABs, and I don't think they would cover them for me anyway, since my MS is progressive.
        As far as possible without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Comment

Working...
        X