Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats more important health or money? HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats more important health or money? HELP!

I was diagnosed with MS in 2007 at the age of 26. I was a single mom working full time as an Esthetician in my own salon. Shortly after my diagnosis, I gave up my salon b/c fatigue, limbs going numb and the reality of my disease hitting me was too much for me to handle.

In 2008 I got married and we bought a house and I decided to try and find a suitable job for my MS that wasn't too demanding physically. I had lots of interviews, but once I told them I had MS there interest in me was gone and I figured being upfront with my potential employer about my MS was a better idea then not telling them at all. Through my job search I was experiencing stress, muscle spasms, aches/pains, limbs fingertips going numb etc. so I decided to apply for CPP.

With the support of my FAMILY doctor not my MS doctor, I was approved and have been receiving CPP since late 2008. I have a son so I get $808/month, and I guess that was determined by my household income which sucks!! My husband has a good job, but he travels and is gone 5 months out of the year, and although he pays the mortgage and most of the bills he feels his money is his money. I know that sounds ridiculous, but that is how he feels and $800/month isn't a lot of money to pay the bills I have and feed me and my son when he's not here, but I am MARRIED so noone cares that my husband doesn't give me any of HIS money.

I have had a lot of issues dealing with my MS, from major fatigue, migraines in the ER room, numbness, muscle spasms, aches and pains etc. and the stress I deal with over money isn't helping. CPP has NO benefits, and I don't qualify for ODSP b/c of my husband's income so I have to work to get benefits for medications, but if I work too much I chance losing my CPP and that would mean I would HAVE to work full time.....but working full time hours really wears me out mentally and physically to the point all I can do is work and sleep....I'm sooo stressed and don't know what to do, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

***Post broken into paragraphs for readability. Some of our members have vision problems with large blocks of type.***

Hi Tara,

Sorry no one has posted here. I dont know much about the system but is it possible to get a drug card because you arte on disability?

Also are you in Ontario? If so find out if your doctor is a part of a family health team if so they can get you free counselling through the canadian mental health unit and the counsellors there know the system quite well and could give you some great advice, I know this from personal experience.

Even if you cant see one of these counsellors give them a call anyway and see what services they can offer you.
    ~Living and Learning~
    ....Always check with your doctor, anything I post is based on my life experience

Comment

Working...
    X