Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Betaseron or Gilenya

Hello
    So I have been on Beta for about 7 yrs and in the past yr I have had 3 flares two of which put me down for a few weeks at a time. Just came back from my Neuro with MRI results not good, shows new activity along with all the old lesions. He has now told me I have progressed from RR to Progrogessive. Along with the Beta I have been having alot of side effects Redspots that wont heal, and now have been getting headaches.
    So he wants me to try the Gilenya. I know the pros and cons of both. I have been reading but jsut not sure about trying something so new.
    Can anyone give me any tips to avoid the red spots. that is what is giving me the most problem.
    Sorry for such along post. Any thoughts or comments welcome and will be appreciated.
    Tina

Your title GRABBED me!
    Just today I did it, I decided to drop my Betaseron and go to Gilenya. I had been thinking about it. Just had my EKG left to do. All is well with my tests and I take my first dose tomorrow.

As for the red spots, I dont have any real advice, I was just done with it. I could have stayed with the Betaseron if it wasn't for all the flares I am having. My neuro felt that I needed something more and it was Gilenya or Tysabri so...I went with the pill.

Nervous but hopeful it will make life better for me.

CrazyCatLady
    MS Does Not Define Me.....My Love of Tea Does! LOL!

Comment

Please keep us posted. I will be very intrested in you rresults.
      Good luck with the pill.
      Tina

Comment

Originally posted by ruthiesmom714 View Post
        Please keep us posted. I will be very intrested in you rresults.
        Good luck with the pill.
        Tina
        Thanks!
        I asked MS World if they could do a seperate thread for Gilenya like they have for Tysabri and Stem Cells, that way all the Gilenya stuff is together and easier to see. Hopefully they can do it.

CrazyCatLady

Comment

I agree that would be great.
          Please moderators
          Tina

Comment

Took my 2nd Gilenya today (at home this time of course.)

I have to say I feel a little dizzy. Checked my pulse and I am about 75 so doing OK there. I think the dizzy is truely just my MS. Dizziness was my first and WORST symptom. I hate the dizzies. But other then that (which is normal for me at this point) I feel fine.

I do feel weird like I forgot to take my meds (Betaseron.) I haven't injected since Sunday.....I feel like I am forgetting to do it. It is weird.

CrazyCatLady

Comment

So far so good. Congrats on the big move.

Comment

Working...
              X