Gilenya and the first dose heart drop??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gilenya and the first dose heart drop??

I am getting ready to start my first dose: maybe next week if all goes well.
    Can any one tell me what to expect in the way of the heart rate drop?
    My heart rate is already pretty low, sometimes in the 65 range, so I am a little nervous and wondering how much does it drop.Thanks in advance.

Hi Cindarelly:
    Before you start Gilenya, it would be helpful for you to go to the Gilenya website and read everything -- for consumers and healthcare professionals (HCP). You can find the answers to a lot of your questions there.

The HCP Safety Information Guide states that, in clinical studies, the average decrease in heart rate was approximately 13 beats per minute, reaching maximum after approximately 6 hours. Heart rates below 40 beats per minute were rare. There's more information about heart rate in the guide.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I had read a lot of it, I guess I just missed that. MMM The part I was looking for. I have my eye exam today.
      I had my ekg Tue, I do have some heart beat trouble
      But as far as I know things are still on go.
      my pulse is pretty slow about 64..they took me off my toprol to start the G.. I am going to put a call in Monday and make try to get a call back and see if they are going to start this next week.
      I live about 75 miles from my neuro.
      Thank you

Comment

Cindarelly, during my first dose (6 hours) my heart rate and pressure stayed the same & did not drop at all. The nurses who were monitoring me tried to let me go after 5 hours because there was no change but the doc made me stay for the full 6 ..... I guess everyone can be different on how it affects them.

Comment

I also had no change at all in my heart rate over the 6 hours.

Make sure to dress comfy and takes lots of things to entertain yourself with! Let us know how you do!

Comment

omgosh, they want me there really early! I will have to get up at like 4:30 am. I will not be awake to do anything for entertaining purposes. It's 1 1/2 hour drive I will just want to sleep, I am taking banana's to eat lol
            I told the nurse I don't have a pulse that early.She said we are going to have you doing cardio!

Comment

Working...
            X