Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've got to admit some of the stuff can be funny like:

From my niece:

"I here Botox is good for MS Auntie and you won't look so old too.".

An anxious friend's queston. "Can I get MS from my mom, is it generic?"

From a relative who has way too many cats

"Maybe you're not losing your eyebrows because of the MS or becaue of the meds you're taking. Maybe you're.....shedding."

Now excuse me folks...gotta cough up a hairball.
    "It's easier to be critical than correct."- Disraeli

Comment

Originally posted by Lucia View Post
      "Maybe you're not losing your eyebrows because of the MS or becaue of the meds you're taking. Maybe you're.....shedding."

Now excuse me folks...gotta cough up a hairball.
      Oh Lucia - that's precious coming from you niece. I assume she is quite young?

And your comeback gave me a good belly LOL!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

too many funny ones! i could requote almost 1/2 of these. but here's some unposted ones.
        how about-

'oh MS, like Jerry's kids?'
        (thanks, i guess, for saying i look like a kid)

this coming from my ex- neuros office
        me 'what type of exercise do you recommend?'
        them 'walking is the best exercise you can do.'
        had to keep myself from being ugly, which was VERY hard- felt like saying
        ('hello, do you even know who i am? you know the patient you're helping get disability because she just got fired for being in a wc?!!!') UGH!!!

good thing, people aren't mind readers. we all might not have any friends!

take care everyone! God bless ya!
        "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Funny post...i enjoyed reading those. i get the usual,...you have ms? oh so and so has it and they........

or....i know exactly how you feel, my aunt has it. hmmm

why can't you work?

and this is the kicker....my best friend of 19 years...
          I am scared of what is going to happen to you...I can't have a sick friend. sorry

Comment

from my sister

"That must suck." and "If you excercised more you would feel better and not so tired." and "See I used the stairs and I got here before you on the elevator!"

and from my Dad " " and it's been three years since I told him.

By the way, I am the fourth in my family to be dxd. My mother and grandmother both passed from MS. I guess these aren't humorous just acidic. The humorous part is that I still consider them family.

You can't pick your family!

Comment

thought of another. after i retired, a friend said, "must be nice to do what you want", i responded with "trade ya".
              hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
              volunteer
              MS World
              hunterd@msworld.org
              PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

The immortal words of my dear mother ~ "What stage is it?"
                Falling down is easy... getting up not so much

Comment

I decided to tell one of my co-workers after my recent flare-up and dx.
                  Me: " I just wanted to let you know that i was diagnosed with MS"
                  Her: "That's awful" (with a really sad look on her face)
                  Me: "Don't worry it will be fine"
                  Her: (in this cute innocent voice) "So it's not the really bad MS?"
                  Me: "Um, no it's the same MS"

Sheesh... I had to kinda giggle at that one.

Comment

By far, the stupidest thing that was said to me was by a Physicians Assistant I was forced to see regarding the horrible nerve pain and spacisity I was dealing with at the time.

Me: "I was diagnosed with MS and from what I have learned this pain is pretty common, but I cant function like this anymore."

Him: "I'm not prescribing you medications of any type for a condition that's all in your head"

Not even close to joking. Wish I was. I looked at him, and straightfaced said "No sh*t! I have been diagnosed for less than 6 months and I could have told you that."
                    I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad; The dreams in which Im dying are the best I've ever had.

Comment

I weas in the process of trying to get a life insurance policy from an agent for State Farm (No, not knocking them just their agent).

Me: "I've not been diagnosed with it, but the consensus is that it's RRMS. I'd like to get a life insurance policy."

Doofus: "Oh, I know a family in your town whose kids all have that. It's sad, their minds have been affected. They're really going downhill."

Me:

Hehe. That's right, someone managed to render me speechless. It's never happened before.

Comment

so this isn't regarding MS, but it's still funny.

my friend recently got in a relationship with someone who has diabetes. another girl asked me:

"isn't she afraid if she has sex with him that she might catch diabetes?"
                        obviously sex ed taught you nothing.
                        -------------------------------------
                        undiagnosed,
                        waiting for answers.

Comment

Originally posted by hunterd View Post
                          thought of another. after i retired, a friend said, "must be nice to do what you want", i responded with "trade ya".
                          WHAT!?! You should have said "Yes I planned it all as I've always wanted a painful, debilitating and chronic uncurable disease. Worked out real well for me."

Comment

My fav

While visiting the inlaws I fell asleep sitting on the couch with my kids jumping all over me my fath in-law proceeds to say "I want some of what she's taking" WTF like I'm high and that's what made me fall asleep. My response to him was " you can have it I don't want it"
                            Time is but a name we give to the passing moments of life, it is these moments that hold all the meaning.

Comment

Just after being diagnosed with RRMS in 1994 (Sx since 1991)I told my work colleagues as I couldnt be bothered with the additional stress of hiding it.

One woman told me that her neighbours son had had MS for 5 years, and that hes been in a wheelchair for the last year but he doesnt seem to have got any worse since then !!!!

And the next year when I got ON another said "Oh thats it for you now being able to work" - I was 24 at the time

Also, on a site visit my zip went on my trousers while we were travelling in a car. I said "Oh darn it" while trying to fix it and someone asked me if I'd wet myself - I had no bladder issues at that time.

Needless to say, I got a new job once my relapse had recovered thankfully, with really great people who didnt say dumb negative stuff all the time!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalasanything View Post
                                WHAT!?! You should have said "Yes I planned it all as I've always wanted a painful, debilitating and chronic uncurable disease. Worked out real well for me."
                                "But it's easier for you to keep going when you are sick. You never feel good so you are used to it."

"Is it contagious?" - - - (Only morons can catch it...You may not want to stand too close to me.)

Comment

Working...
                                X