No announcement yet.

Got my Gilenya starter pack today!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Schnick, keep up with the phone calls to your neuro & nurse so they can get the starter pack for you. I am on my 8th day of Gilenya now with no issues. Time will tell to see how this med works. No future exacerbations will tell me that Gilenya is doing its job......Mike

Comment

Gilenya

I have been injecting myself for almost ten years. Enough is enough, I'm so tired of the needles. Took my first dose of Gilenya Nov 22 and no major side effects at all. I hope everyone who tries it, is successful.

Comment

Originally posted by mike1963 View Post
        Had first dose today...sat for the 6 hours without any drop in my heart rate (as they say some may experience). I feel good with no side effects at all. Left with the remaining 13 pills in the starter pack. Sure do hope this will be THE med I can stay with for a long time...My Rx plan is also great (Medco)... only going to be $40 out of pocket for 90 day supply. Can't bark at that......Will keep you all posted on how it goes.......Mike
        We go through Medco but the State of Michigan Emplyee Retirment system chanded the med. company but we still have to buy through Medco; strange. So I called the Med. Compaany and they do not have Gilenya listed and do not know when they will.

So how are all of you getting the drug? Mu Neuro wnats to but me on it bur how the heck do I get it w/o paying 4 grand a month?

Hugh

Comment

I left her two messages already, since speaking with her once. Seems to be dragging along more slowly than expected. Insurance is lined up, and pre-tests are done. My neuro sent the initial form to Novartis 11/16, and I'm anxious to get started. 10+ years of needles coming to an end is cause to celebrate.

Comment

I started the Gilenya on Dec 3rd and it's tough for me to say if it's doing anything for me as I've had a flare up since Nov 22 and just can't seem to get rid of it. My doc's won't give me any Solumedrol as they're unsure as to whether or not I can take it with the Gilenya.

For those of you who have experienced flare ups while on Gilenya, were you able to take Solumedrol to suppress the symptoms? If so, how many days were you given?

Thanks!

Nick

Comment

Working...
            X