numbness and tingling in hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

numbness and tingling in hands

I have been dealing with nerve issues in my hands for several weeks now. I have lost my fine motor skills (can't write, use utensils, etc). My two fingered typing is slow but the goofy hands are keeping me awake. Has anyone found anything that helps this? I have these issues with my legs often but this is the first for my hands. I saw the neurologist in September after a bad summer with my legs and torso. I tried prednisone but it didn't help (it has in the past). The doc said it was from the heat this summer and they have improved but now my hands are bad. I have MRI's scheduled for late December. I was diagnosed about 15 years ago and I walk with a cane but it is getting more difficult to hold it. The only med I am taking is baclofen along with different supplements. Any advice?? Thanks.

me again

Wanted to add that i live in Ontario and thought it might be best to ask about this here. There seems to be treatments and meds available in the states but not here. Is anyone else dealing with this? I would appreciate any input. Thanx again. Virginia

Comment

Hey Virginia,
      Are you talking about your hands feeling like legs in restless leg syndrome? Sometimes my hands/arms feel 'jumpy', like they need to be doing something. I have no solution for this but to stay awake until I'm so tired I can't stay awake. I realize this isn't a good answer.

I found using a fatter pen with a rubbery grip easier than a regular pen - and a fat-handled fork. For typing, I got Dragon Naturally Speaking - a speech recognition program so I don't type more than a few lines - I dictate everything.

You might want to ask your question on the General Forum, say you're hoping Cdns will chime in - this forum isn't well-used.
      Good luck,
      Laurakim

Comment

Hi Virginia,
        I don't know any drug for that but I suggest you try a good B-complex along with Benfotiamine. Benfotiamine seems to help people with neuropathy due to diabetes. Since you are in Canada, you can try the AOR brand, they have a good B-complex that also has Benfotiamine.

Ran

Comment

i have problems with pins and needle nerve pain. the pain clinic has started giving me lidocaine ivs and it is honestly the only thing that has ever helped with it at all.

Comment

Working...
          X