Gilenya!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gilenya!!!

Hello everyone, i've been living with MS for 3 yrs, and after being on Copaxone & BetaSeron, i am starting Gilenya in about 2 weeks...nervous & excited!!! Anyone else??

Me Too

I'm starting Gilenya December 2nd. Been on Rebif and had LAST shot last night. Doctor wants me off old meds for a week before starting Gilenya. We'll have to keep in touch and compare notes as we go down this road. Hope all goes well for you.

Comment

Would def like to share the "journey" with you, as we start taking the Gilenya! Got my eye exam yest & going for MRI on wed, we'll see!!!

Comment

If everything goes as expected I should be starting in mid Dec.. I just had my blood drawn for all the basic lab.. No reason to expect anything there to delay that.

Comment

I am in the process of having Gilenya pre-authorized with my insurance. Hope to be getting a call soon. I am ready to start. Been off Avonex for a month or so. Feel better being off of it. It wasn't working anyway, hopefully this is the magic pill. We'll see.

Comment

What about pregnancy and Gilenya?

I have just decided to make the switch to Gilenya myself, after 3 years on Copaxone. My doc doesn't think Copaxone was doing the trick; he said there was too much active disease activity on a recent MRI.

I am worried about the side effects... specifically if it will effect chances of becoming pregnant. My husband and I would like to start a family.

Does anyone know anything about that? I haven't seen any info in the research literature I have read.

Comment

I don't think they have any data on it yet. They do not recommend getting pregnant on it.
              You can go their website and read the full prescribing info
              just type in the www.gilenya.com

Comment

Working...
              X