acetyl-l-carnitine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

acetyl-l-carnitine

since this is not available as a nutritional supplement, has any one been suggessful in getting this prescribed in canada?

I feel it in combonation with the Alpha lipoic acid, have been working wonders for me, but I have been picking it up in the states and I worry when I can't get down there to re-stock. & then there's the border crossing fear, should i get searched they will take it away from me! I can't afford that!

I have been taking "levo-carnitine" (which according to my clinic nurses is the Canadian version of that combo).

It is not covered because of being off-label, and I think last month's batch cost around $290. Apparently there is a pharmacy that can brew up a cheaper version, but it may not be consistent in the exact dosages...

I read / had confirmed by the nurses that bringing carnitine across the border could cause problems - it is not approved in Canada, so be careful!

Comment

I've seen a Canadian store selling it online, it's located in BC, named "AbacoHealth", they have their address and phone on their website.

Ran

Comment

Wow. Canadian patients much have it rough it sounds like . I was born and raised in the states so I guess my brother and I got lucky in regards to that. I don't suppose (forgive my naivety) you might be able to order it online somehow? some sort of anonymous shipping type of deal?

Comment

Can you order it online and have it shipped to you? I know Puritan's Pride (where I get my supplements) have international shipping. Maybe you could give them a call and see.
          Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
          Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
          Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Have you tried getting it though Walmart?

Even if is not on the store self you can go to
            http://www.walmart.com/search/search...h_constraint=0
            and you should be able to get it shipped to your store.

In the US it is free shipping, when you have a item shipped to the store for you to pick-up there.
            Give life meaning, live life by the 9 Noble Virtues.

Comment

Reputable companies will not ship to another country in violation of that country's import laws. That means that they will not ship a substance that's illegal in the target country. It could cause them to be banned from doing business in that country altogether.

Comment

I take it every day and it seems to help, at least I'm not going downhill too much. How can a supplement that shows so much promise and has done so much good with different people be illegal in another country. It's Canada, I would have thought they'd have more legal drugs available than we do.

Comment

I have been taking Carnitor (levo-carnitine) as well. It costs $150 for 90 pills here in Saskatchewan.

Comment

I had no clue it wasnt available in canada and I cant believe the price of the other one. This is too bad. I am going to talk to my neuro this week and see if he can suggest anything.
                    ~Living and Learning~
                    ....Always check with your doctor, anything I post is based on my life experience

Comment

OK got it, tried it made me naseausus so I got my doc to finally prescribe me modifinal. Seems to be working but doesnt last long on me.
                      ~Living and Learning~
                      ....Always check with your doctor, anything I post is based on my life experience

Comment

Goliath

Hi, I am from Saskatchewan also. Where do you purchase it?

Comment

Working...
                        X