• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebound affect after stopping Tysabri

October 12 ,2010
    Stopping Natalizumab Causes Inflammatory Rebound in MS

http://www.doctorslounge.com/index.php/news/pb/14729

Some multiple sclerosis (MS) patients who discontinue tysabri may experience a rebound of disease activity, according to research published online Oct. 11 in the Archives of Neurology.

Based upon 32 patients who:

-After at least 12 consecutive infusions of Ty
    -3-4 month suspension or treatment holiday
    -Relapses were experienced by 38% during the interruption or shortly after resumption in
    (9 of 24 RR & 3 of 8 SP)
    -Relapses occurred more frequently in young patients who has received fewer treatments before suspension
    -Restarting Tysabri resulted in resumption of prior disease control in all patients
    xxxxxxxxxxx

I fit this profile.

I stopped at 21 infusions for surgeries and started back after a 3 month layoff.

I have now had #24 but no longer get the bump and the rebound effect is still continuing.

My MRI showed no new lesions again at the 24 mark which is good but I wish that I could feel good again.

My neuro thinks that the stress that I am under with my dh recently having his cancer metastasized is probably the culprit.

I just purchased a rollator, which I love, to help with the Frankenstein walk after so long in walking or standing.

I just want the bump that I always got before to come back.
    "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

coco-girl, why did you stop ty for surgeries, saw my nuero yesterdayand asked about that, I have 2 surgeries sched in the next 1 1/2 months , Thyroid removal and rotator cuff surgery and he said there was no need to stop and only thing was not to take any steroids.

He also brought up the TY vacation and he is no longer having people take it unless they want to as he has also seen research where when people took the vacation they had problems, and they haen't proved that you are more suseptible to PML without a vacation and as more people pass the 2 yr period they are getting more info on it.
      Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

I have to wait 2 weeks to have Ty when I have had surgery. I had 4 ERCPs, 2 EGDs, 1 EUS, 1 Colonoscopy all in the 3 month period and there was never a 2 week period during this time of the before and after surgery to get my infusion. This all equated into a 3 month layoff. The 3rd and 4th ERCP included surgery done endoscopically.
        "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

Working...
        X