X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vets Muster on the MS deck, Oct 10 2010

Time to FALL IN for our weekly
    .... Muster on the MS deck ....

All veterans, active duty and family are ALL welcome here. As veterans we have some different situations and issues than most civilian MSers. We deal with the VA and some of us get our medical care thru VA medical Centers, issues of getting help with disability and pensions etc.

Please......... Drop in and say HI at least once per muster. We want to know you are doing OK, hope better than just OK. With REGULAR musters we can get to know our fellow vets better and build a sense of UNITY. If you run across a fellow Vet elsewhere on MSworld, please let them know we are here so they can join us.

Lately the VA seems to be trying harder to give us MS care, at least for me that seems to be the case at my local VA clinic and VAMC in Ann Arbor mi.

The VA web site..... (link below) list notice of free monthly educatinal conference calls.
    http://www4.va.gov/MS/articles/Educa...ence_Calls.asp
    What: Patient and Caregiver conference calls
    When: Second Monday of each month
    Time: 5-6pm PT, 6-7pm MT, 7-8pm CT, 8-9pm ET
    How: call 1.800.767.1750, wait to hear the welcome
    ........ message then punch the code 43157#

If you have not done so yet, please post an into in the thread titled "Vets Master Muster & intros". Please post only your into there so it ONLY contains your into. You cna always start a new thread for questions or other issues.

How was YOUR week?

Anything new comming up at the VA or elsewhere? I get my MS care at the VA but use my medicare for my other health care needs.

Gomer Sez, Don't be a slacker!

Am 71. USAF 58-62. Type slow but following thread daily...good work

Comment

jayjee Great to see a crew member log in and muster...

Typing speed is NOT required here, neither is spellin or perfection..........lol (I otta know). I am not the globes greatest speller and I make more than my fair share to typos!

I C I 4got 2 post my own muster in........ So ya even beat me!

Have you posted your intro on our MASTER muster yet? I need to get Sparkey to sticky it. That way it will always be at the top so we can look up any crew member anytime w/o chasing rabbits trying to find it. That thread is for intros only. The first one got side tracked so I had to start a new master muster thread. Over tiem the old one should just fade away.

I was an airdale in the Navy, worked in aerospace avionics/recon. Spent a lot/most of my time TAD though.

Again, WELCOME aboard jayjee.

Doc Gomer Doctor of, Been There, Done That.

Comment

Ole Gomer here......

Last Week..........
        I met with my PVA rep, got a game plan in place now to shoot for service connectin on my MS. Working on filling in the MIA med rec'ds and hope to get the needed hearing tests to determine if my MS is the cause, or at least main/initial cause of my hearing loss. I am service connected for that already. Yesterday I was able to reach an ole shipmate by phone. He remembered more than I expected regarding a vision issue I had when we were forming a new squadron (for the JFK) down in Sanford.

This Week....... Tue I have an apt for a regular heart and carotids doppler. I have some carotid blockages on both sides. I also have stenosis in 3 heart valves, have to see how they are doing. Trying to make them last longer with meds. I am not looking forward to needng a valve job, not yet anyway.

Message 4 younger Vet sprouts.. if us ole timmers (64 & 71 yrs young) can get in and make muster, so can you!

Doc Gomer Doctor of, Been There, Done That.

Comment

Here I am!

I wasn't online this weekend. I had my car in for tire change, oil change, etc. Getting ready for winter , then got home and took a nap while the SO took the dog out hunting. Sunday was sleep 13 hours and then we went to an arts & crafts fair in Stowe, VT.

I have to say the weekend was two weeks catching up on me. I had a wave of overwhelming fatigue at one point while looking at the crafts and felt like my legs were about to turn to water on me. Much better today.

Wednesday I have a swallow test and MRI. Hopefully I know the results soon after, but it is the VA...

That's it for now.

Comment

The change of seasons is putting me back in Rip VanWinkle mode. Ironic, but this used to be my favorite time of the year (I'm pretty sure there was a polar bear somewhere in my family tree).
            I'm an opposite in terms of heat effecting my Sx. Hot just makes me feel hot, cold can really mess me up.
            Otherwise, I hoping for some feedback on the sticky thread(s). That info is worthless if its only my experience.

Comment

54 yr old male, USAF 74-87, Procurement , stationed Charleston AFB SC, RAF Wethersfield UK and Edwards AFB CA, was on world wide mobility and wonder if all those shots had anything to do with my MS, just started being seen at VA Hospital, and got my old records and I am looking thru them to see if anything in there may help me make a case for disability for AF, am on SS disablity now.
              Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Hanging in there still

Not much going on for me other than dealing with my Sx.

Bob: I did read your sticky notes topic and looks good from my point of view.
                Dennis

The soul of a song will lift your spirits.

Comment

I am replying with hesitation. I think I am having a flare, but not sure. Started with a fever of unknown cause, and then extreme fatigue, much worse than usual, to the point of sucking out joy. Legs feel like jelly, dizzy, weak, back pain and clumsy hands and biceps ache with minimal activity. It has been going on for over a week, so I will have to call my neuro.

I had my very first visit with primary at VA clinic, and she was nice, but can't order my DMD. I have an appointment with the neurology clinic early Nov. The Atlanta VA has no parking because they tore it up to build a deck, and it is a mess there, but they have valet parking. Of course, I will have to remove my weapon from my car, travel to Atlanta not able to run away quickly and not have a weapon.

We spent the weekend in the camper we just bought in Helen, GA, a Bavarian village, and enjoyed October Fest. I love to dance and still do a little, but just could not handle the polkas. Or the chicken dance. We bought the camper to get our cats used to traveling so we can take a cross country trip - we would miss them and they would miss us. They are not ready for cross country yet, the only place either one wanted to be was under the pedals under my husband's feet. And no where else. He is going to put a screen up to keep them away.

Blue Angels coming to my town next week - can't wait!

Comment

Today

I had my MRI and swallow test. MRI was cold and boring even with music.

Swallow test was yucky. Barium that was vaguely strawberry flavored. My throat doesn't seem to be working 100% properly and I have a hiatal hernia. Yay. Oh and GERD too. Great. Asymptomatic GERD. I never get heartburn. Oh well.

Now I just wait on the neuro to tell me what he sees on the MRI.

Comment

Working...
                    X