New Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Question

I would like to hear from any Vietnam veterans who were exposed to Agent Orange and feel that there might be a connection to MS.

Not a vet of that era, but I just saw something similar.
    http://www.military.com/veterans-rep...ure?ESRC=vr.nl

You could also google agent orange and grave's diease and diabetis. From what I've read, there hasn't been a link to MS yet.

Comment

Last year while in the Patient Advocacy office I saw a notice that said something about Vets that have a DX of MS are assumed to have been exposed to agent orange.
      Dennis

The soul of a song will lift your spirits.

Comment

I'm not seeing that (in terms of what the VA's position is).

http://www4.va.gov/ms/FAQ/MSCoE_Diagnosing_FAQs.asp

Comment

i'm a VN vet (67-68) and yes, i think my MS is linked to Agent Orange exposure, but the VA has made no official connection at this time.
          i don't think there is evidence of increased MS in VN vets - but then, i don't know that anyone has really looked at it either....or looked/reported with any accuracy. silly me! cynical about VA??? and effects of Agent Orange???
          If i can walk and talk, and see and pee, i'm having a great day!

Comment

http://www.military.com/veterans-rep...ses?ESRC=vr.nl

This might be new info (if you served aboard a ship that was in "brown water" status). Then again, its Military.com and I'm not sold on them 100% (their jobs board is a joke).

Comment

Money given

I know for the last two years that our government has given, I think 5 million dollars, in the defense budget for MS research.

Comment

I went to my almost local (35mi distant) VAMC to see the PVA VSO. 2 questions were Nam & agent Orange.

maybe they are at least considering the possable connection.

Doc Gomer Doctor of, Been There, Done That.

Comment

Agent Orange and MS

Thanks for your responses. My husband was in Vietnam from May 69 to March 70, stationed right outside of DaNang with the First Marine Air Wing. According to a map I saw on a website, DaNang is in the sector with the most exposure to Agent Orange. He was diagnosed with Primary Progressive MS in 2005, but looking back we can see that some symptoms were developing as far back as 35years. He believes that there is a definite connection. My husband says "No one knows what causes MS, but the VA says that Agent Orange didn't."

Who in the government can we get working on this? I have written to our state senators and our representative but the replies I received were very generic. Imagine that! Let's get this in the public eye.

Comment

Finding a Neuro who isn't afraid of a TV camera probably wouldn't hurt.

Comment

Now that I've thought about it, you could also try:
                      http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

Yeah, I know. Little green men and Big Foots (big feet?) but they do have regular guests who focus on service issues and George is pretty cool with helping Vets or at least getting the word out.

Comment

Agent orange connection???

Husband also Viet Vet...diagnosed w/PPMS

There was an episode of Extreme Makeover Home edition a while ago which centered on a Vietnam vet w/MS...he met w/Colin Powell. Am sorry do not remember exact episode, maybe someone out there does.

Comment

Originally posted by JoJo Pickles View Post
                          I would like to hear from any Vietnam veterans who were exposed to Agent Orange and feel that there might be a connection to MS.
                          Husband in CuChi when defoliated.........PPSM

Comment

Cu Chi

i was in Cu Chi from Oct 67- Sep 68 and it was STILL so defoliated we could not even grow a blade of grass. however, there was some spindly vegetation on the perimeter. the base camp remained a dust bowl.

a close friend died 3 years ago from multiple myeloma from AO at Cu Chi.
                            If i can walk and talk, and see and pee, i'm having a great day!

Comment

JoJo Pickels, I'm a Vet and put in for Agent orange. In the process as we speak. I wasn't in Nam but was in Korea and found out that in 1968 and 1969 they sprayed it as a pesticide in and around the area i was in on the DMZ at the time I was there. Now i'm in the process of searching for long lost medical records to prove my case as is required of me. Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X