Welcome Randy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Randy

thanks for posting your into on our master muster.

I had to "retire" and go on SSDI before I hit 40, so I understand the feeling. I use a mix of civilian and VA medical care. I see my MS Neuro & get my Copaxone at the VA. I also have medicare as well.

I also use a scooter for larger stores, malls and outings. I was Rx'd a pwoerchair for arround home due to muscle fatigue by my famdoc (non-VA) I have a very long history of Sx going back to my teen years, before the Navy. Found out just this last year my diplopia was a MS complication, but was jsut formally Dx RRMS in Jan.

Again Welcome aboard Randy........

Gomer

No kidding, welcome and sorry you were on the Tullibee.
    Barbel and Bremerton for me, then on to the civilian world as a field engineer for Kodak after we hit the build-down years. Many of my friends wound up at Intel but I liked being outdoors with minimal supervision.
    Remind me later to bug you about Subvets.

Comment

Hi, Bob,

Nice to see another sub sailor here. Being on the Tullibee, I didn't go to sea very often and had to listen to everybody calling it Building 597. I volunteered to go to sea on other boats when the opportunity came up. Took the George Washington from Groton to Bremerton, WA for decom. and went on a Med Run with the Shark. I am a member of Subvets. Currently the treasurer and webmaster of Albany-Saratoga Base and a dual member of Groton. Went back to Groton last year for a Tullibee reunion. Had a great time except for the boat tour we went on. Went on a 688 and got down the hatch ok, but needed several shipmates to help me get back up again.

Comment

Hi, Gomer,

I may get back to work yet. I've been on the phone and e-mail last week about a temp. job. Didn't think I wanted to go that route, but nothing else is coming up yet. Position will last at least 3 months and will be out of state, so I'll be living out of a suitcase, but the pay is good. I'll let you guys know if I get it.

VA is getting better. I signed some paperwork to start on Ampyra last Wed. Neuro said it may take a few weeks to hear anything. Drug was delivered to me on Sat.

Comment

Originally posted by randys438 View Post
          Hi, Bob,

Nice to see another sub sailor here. Being on the Tullibee, I didn't go to sea very often and had to listen to everybody calling it Building 597. I volunteered to go to sea on other boats when the opportunity came up. Took the George Washington from Groton to Bremerton, WA for decom. and went on a Med Run with the Shark. I am a member of Subvets. Currently the treasurer and webmaster of Albany-Saratoga Base and a dual member of Groton. Went back to Groton last year for a Tullibee reunion. Had a great time except for the boat tour we went on. Went on a 688 and got down the hatch ok, but needed several shipmates to help me get back up again.
          Holy crap do I know who you are!
          Check out the new members listed in this year's American Submariner (vol 2). I'm the only Barbel guy, and yeah that REALLY is my last name. I got a couple skippers PO'd when I'd sign for stuff as ET2SN.
          Out here in Placoderm land, some of us are trying to set up our own VA rep. as a part of the chain. We made some inroads with our senator's office (who's big on the Def. committy) but the really big challenge is getting the word out.
          In my case, I hit the VA at the right time but there are guys getting the run-around on other health issues that we know were directly service connected.
          Hope to see you at a convetion, someday.

Comment

I've never been to a national convention, except the one we hosted in Saratoga, NY in 2004. Hope to make it to one again someday if I ever get another job. Not in the current budget with only SSDI for income. If/when I do go to one I'll definitely let you know.

Comment

BTW, I was just busting on you about the Tullibee.
              Gotta be a little careful I phrase this, but ask around about my second boat. She earned her title as Queen Of The Shipyard.

Comment

Working...
              X