Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CCSVI

Any one with MS and CCSVI?

Um, its been my experience that the VA doesn't do a lot of experimental treatments.
    I asked my Neuro what she thought of it, she hasn't been impressed so far.
    How has your VA treatment been so far?

Comment

So far The VA has been great. I have secondary progressive MS, and I don't believe the old theory that doctors are God. This time, the Neuro's might be dead wrong on the CCSVI question. There is a lot of information on the internet, yes, including facebook. But there is also ccsvi.org which is the aliance for CCSVI. There is thisisms.com a world forum on MS that has a very good section on CCSVI. There is ccsvi-ms.ning.com the CCSVI Locator, another good impartial web site on CCSVI. I am going to San Diego some time in October to be screened. I have taken the DMD's, including Avonex, and even a two year treatment of mitoxantrone.

Comment

So, honestly, what the heck does this have to do with the VA?
        Aside from the sales pitch, this is the VA forum for vet's issues. Wouldn't this topic be more effective if it was moved to the general forum?

Comment

No...I don't think it needs to be moved to another forum. There are a lot of Veterans with MS who just might like to know that CCSVI is another option. I have had MS since 1971, and this is the first thing that sounds like it might have promise. I refuse to let it get buried, that's what the heck this is about. I intend to ask the Doc at my next appointment at the VA. I think it is an issue for Vets too, or do we not deserve answers because it's the VA Sorry, I do not mean to offend, but i think it's reasonable.

Comment

Working...
          X