*Vets Muster on the MS deck, Sept 26 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Vets Muster on the MS deck, Sept 26 2010

Time to FALL IN for our weekly... ............Muster on the MS deck.

First a big THANKS to Sparky10 for giving us our own cubby hole here. Lets show our appreciation by making god use of our new home.

All veterans, active duty and family are ALL welcome here. As veterans we have some different situations and issues than most civilian MSers. We deal with the VA and some of us get our medical care thru VA medical Centers, issues of getting help with disability and pensions etc.

Lately the VA seems to be trying harder to give us MS care, at least for me that seems to be the case at my local VA clinic and VAMC in Ann Arbor mi.

The VA web site..... (link below) list notice of free monthly educatinal conference calls. While no specific info is list currently for Sept 2010, it does state they are on the second Monday of each month. I just checked an so far no topic etc shown for Sept, just Aug, but keep checking, that may get updated (I hope) this week after the Labor Day holiday.

http://www4.va.gov/MS/articles/Educa...ence_Calls.asp

What: Patient and Caregiver conference calls
    When: Second Monday of each month
    Time: 5-6pm PT, 6-7pm MT, 7-8pm CT, 8-9pm ET
    How: call 1.800.767.1750, wait to hear the welcome
    ........ message then punch the code 43157#

I have never participated in one yet myself, but plan to try it this month. maybe another Vet here can post here about their experience with this and any tips etc also welcome. Based on the web site info it should be Monday Sept. 13th.. You might want to double check the link above for further info or updates

I watched the VA web site for a Sept Conf call, Nothing, so I have no idea if they are doing it every month.

If you have not done so yet, please post an into in the thread titled "Vets Master Muster & intros". Please post only your into there so it ONLY contains your into. You cna always start a new thread for questions or other issues.

How was YOUR week?

Anything new comming up at the VA or elsewhere? I get my MS care at the VA but use my medicare for my other health care needs.

lets hear from all our Vets this week, .......
    ..............that includes YOU!

Gomer
Working...
X