Stuff for a sticky thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuff for a sticky thread

Now that we've got a sub forum, I was thinking we could use a sticky for important information like forms and filing. Basically, what someone would need and who they should talk to in order to file a claim.
    I'm hoping we all can add to this then condense it down to a single post or so that could stay at the top of the forum.

"So, why am I bothering with the VA?"

The beurocracy can be a nightmare at times and EVERYONE seems to have an opinion of a way to beat the system, why bother with the hassles?

Well, assuming you or a spouce served in the military and left under honorable conditions, you already paid for it. Besides those spiffy uniforms and the great pay , the DOD bugeted you for VA services. This is true if you served less than a year or retired at 34 years. The pension benefits might be different, but you still qualify for the services. Think of it like an insurance policy you got at work, if your company had a budget measured in the billions.

For many of us with MS, the VA might be the only game in town. If you already have a great insurance policy and are totally covered then you can afford to have options. If you are no longer able to work and pay for that great policy, the VA starts looking very good.

Indeed, while the benefits part can be a headache the services side tends to run as well or better than many large hospitals. Yes, there might be long lines at times but try going to the ER during flu season. Yes, PA might have been a little snippy but you made it thru bootcamp.

Comment

Just for discussion I don't know why this thread is under disability and employment..I think it is hard to find. It needs to be with the main forum.

Justacowgirl

WA STATE ANG vet
      Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

Well, many of us are disabled.
        I think this location is right. There aren't enough of us (IMO) to justify a sticky on the main board and this location is easy to direct someone to.
        It will also make it easier to find the answers to common questions without having to dig around on page 87.

Besides, we're ex-military. We always do things the hard way.

Comment

Working...
        X