MS Like mother Like daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS Like mother Like daughter

Not really, My step mother was diagnosed with MS in 1983 and now I have been diagnosed as well. I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS! This disease has controlled a large part of my life, since I was three, and now it will forever. How am I to handle this?

hi jennifer and welcome!!!!!!! sorry you`re here. how will you handle it? like many of us, one day at a time. always be upbeat!!!!!!! it really helps. my e mail is in my profile if you have questions or just want to chat. good luck.

dave
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hello Jennifer

Welcome to MS World - nice to meet you!

There are a few members here who have had a parent with MS also. Hopefully some of them will respond with their experience. It really does help us when we see that others are getting through something that we ourselves are dealing with.

That's why MS World can be so beneficial for most of us. There are people who truly understand the challenges of living with MS, and we don't have to feel alone.

Something for you to remember is that MS affects everyone in it's own unique way. You don't have to compare yourself with your stepmom. As Dave (hunterd) said:

how will you handle it? like many of us, one day at a time.
      Try to take each day as it comes, and not spend too much precious time in worry and rumination about the future.

Hopefully these forums will help you get through this tough time of digesting the diagnosis. It does take some time to come to acceptance, so be patient with yourself.

Ask any questions and we'll do our best to answer them.

Looking forward to seeing you around.

Take care,
      KoKo
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

The thing is

that I have been around this disease my whole life. My mother is a MS Advocate and runs the local support group. She has been the head of some large fund raising events. Over the years her condition has steadily worsened. And my biggest fear my whole has been getting sick. How do I get passed the shock? The heartache? I am a positive person that was raised by a very strong crusader......how do I get back there?

Comment

Working...
        X