Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New and on 5 day IV solumedro

Hello, My name is Angel and I'm 38.
    In Dec. I had what everyone thought was a stroke, small spot in the back left side of my brain. I went into rehab for almost 6 wks.

I kept feeling somewhat weak and the heat just sent me in a downward spiral. I was so tired and weak.

May I started getting worse. I lost all feeling in my left leg; had foot drop (I didn't even know the foot could bend that way) and couldn't walk. I was placed into a boot and used a walker. After 4 days in the hospital I was sent home.

After PT I went to another Neuro doctor who along with every other doctor I've seen said "IT WALKS LIKE, MS, TALKS LIKE MS, AND LOOKS LIKE MS..." He did another MRI which showed a spot in the front right side. At this time he kept telling me that could be normal for some.

I was in shock because I was going through so much and couldn't understand with all this it would be NORMAL to have 2 spots and 3 different relapses.

After going back because of burning in my hands and feet, which late came to my cheeks. I had numbness on my head (awful odd feeling) and weakness all over. I get eye pain and just feel dizzy. Can't close my eyes cause it's much worse and even standing still I feel itpsy... swaying. Can't drink cause one beer makes me feel as if I've had many...

So now my neuro has decided MS! I am on Solumedro 5 days of IV drip and I'm on my 4th day. I am still very very tired and feel no energy, I do get that awful bitter sour taste that isn't going away, I get stomach aches that burn but meds help that. The worst part is the taste and headaches. Flushing I can handle.

I start Copaxien (hope I spelled that right) as soon as I get done with this IV med. That I'll be on for 3 months... although I could've sworn my Doc. said I'd stay on that for a very long time. Daily shots.

I'm not afraid of the side effects IF they have a good outcome in the end cause I have went from Living life... To watching life pass me by.

I used to garden can't do that cause of heat, I used to Quilt but my hands don't always allow me to do that, I used to exercise but after 5 min I feel like I've used 100 pounds weights for hours, I ache and hurt and burn....

I could go on but won't. I'm sure you all know how long the list can be.

I'm Thankful to have found this site. I look forward to getting to know you all.
    Dx MS Aug 2010 (after 2 years of searching)
    Started Copaxone Aug. 2010

welcome angel!!! keep doing what you like, just in different ways. you`ll soon find that ms requires some adaptation. we learn to live and do things by adjusting the ways we used to do them. don`t give up, rearrange how you do things!!!!! good luck.

dave
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Sorry you are going through so much! Usually when you start one of the injectables you stay on it unless the side effects are too much or you have too many exacerbations on it. Just make sure you have an good Neurologist. Good luck and take good care.
      Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth. Unknown

Comment

Hello Angelpach

Welcome to MS World Forums - glad to have you aboard! (not glad about the MS)

It can be very frustrating with MS symptoms not allowing us to do all the things we want to. Most of us can relate to that.

I absolutely love how Dave (hunterd) said :

welcome angel!!! keep doing what you like, just in different ways. you`ll soon find that ms requires some adaptation. we learn to live and do things by adjusting the ways we used to do them. don`t give up, rearrange how you do things!!!!! good luck
        I agree with everthing he said!

Encouraging each other is an important part of what we do here

I'm sure you'll benefit from our various forums. There's lots of info and interesting topics. Feel free to ask any questions, and we'll do our best to respond.

Good luck on Copaxone

Take care,
        KoKo
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
        X