disability funding ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

disability funding ontario

I was wondering if I could apply for both Ontario disability support program & Canada pension plan disability?

Would I just get paid less from both? Can I only have one? Which ones seem to work out better if you have one?

Gosh, tired question makes no sense....sorry. The whole process confuses me having to read all that stuff!

So,TIA for any input

I wish I could help you, Jaycie. I receive CPP disability, after applying because my LTD provider told me to. There are phone numbers on the website that you can call and ask these questions to. I hope you get some answers!

Comment

Hi

Hi, you cannot receive ODSP if you have any assets eg. own a home or a vehicle.
      You can apply if you don't, and once you receive it they will probably tell you to apply for your CPP Dissability.
      If CPP is less, they will ODSP will pay the difference, and they may also cover medical also like perscriptions.
      Hopethis helps you!
      TC

Comment

Originally posted by sonic2 View Post
        Hi, you cannot receive ODSP if you have any assets eg. own a home or a vehicle.
        You can apply if you don't, and once you receive it they will probably tell you to apply for your CPP Dissability.
        If CPP is less, they will ODSP will pay the difference, and they may also cover medical also like perscriptions.
        Hopethis helps you!
        TC
        This is not true at all. Recipients of ODSP can own their own home (if it is their primary residence) and they can have a vehicle valued at $5000 or less.

All people who apply for ODSP are required to apply for CPP-D. If granted CPP-D and the total amount does not exceed ODSP rates you will be automatically topped up to meet the ODSP rates (in addition to having eligibility for drug and dental emergency coverage). If your CPP-D amount and other sources of income (ie child support, LTD etc) exceed the ODSP rate that you will not be eligible for additional assistance from ODSP.

If you are denied CPP-D (having not met the criteria for a severe and prolonged disability expected to last more than a year), you may still be eligible for ODSP. The criteria is slightly less strict (you have to meet criteria for having a diagnosis causing disability expecting to last at least a year).

I hope that information was helpful. I know it can get very confusing. It never hurts to apply.

Comment

Working...
        X