Just the beginning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just the beginning

Hi, just found this forum last night. I am just in the beginning stages of being diagnosed (maybe). I am 39 (in 2 weeks) and have been overcoming symptoms for the last 15 years. I have been to Physical therapists, Chiropractors, MDs, Pain clinics with no doctor able to adequately treat anything. I am going to another Doctor on Monday to try again. Its getting hard to cope with my "bad days". No one in my life understands what I go through because I "look" healthy and I am a very positive person. So its is difficult to form a support system as my bad days stay longer and get harder. So here I go. I think I am more scared of another doctor than a diagnosis. Don't really know why I am here..... I have never in my life joined a message board or even read one. I guess I was looking for people who understand or maybe I am just trying to....... life is getting physically harder and I have no insurance so don't even know how far this will go. We'll see on Monday.

Hello Jphillips

Welcome to the MS World Forums - glad you found us!

I guess I was looking for people who understand or maybe I am just trying to.......
    You're at the right place when it comes to people who understand

When we look ok, it is difficult for others to take our concerns seriously. Many of our symptoms are invisible, such as fatigue, aches and pains, bladder issues, cognitive issues, etc. And it's frustrating when those around us can't or won't believe us. That's why many of us really value this site.

Wishing you good luck at your appointment. Hopefully you will find the resources to help with the tests you'll probably have to take.

Ask questions and we'll try to answer them the best we can. If you ask them in the General Questions and Answers Forum, you may get more responses since more members view that Forum.

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Just want to say welcome. This is a wonderful forum to be apart of. I just joined in july and I have learned so much and found a lot of comfort here. I finally found others that suffer the way I do.

I have 1/2 of dx...my PCP and endo say MS my neuro say i'm not sure. I have been having symptoms since childhood now that I look back. I know the journey of a 1000 dr's and not clear cut answer to all the weid symptoms. I also know how it is to have your closest family members think you are just over exagerating because you can put a smile on your face in spite of the pain.

Just hang in there and hope you get the answers you need.
      "Therefore we do not give up, but even if the man we are outside is wasting away, certainly the man we are inside is being renewed from day to day." 2 Cor. 4:16

Comment

Welcome here,

I hope the Dr you are going to see is a neuro, because I saw many Dr with no result till I when to see a neuro.

They all say I was too old ( I was 62) to have MS!!!

A MS neuro probably even better if you can.

Hope you know soon.

Alain

Comment

Working...
        X