Weekly call?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekly call?

Was speaking with a NMSS programs person yest. about level of interest in a weekly support call just for LGBTQ MS folk. They would need to find the right facilitator. Typically LCSW or similar. If we had such a call, would u join it each week? I would. I'm taking a count. Thanks! GG

I probably wouldn't at this point but should things change I would.
    You only live NOW.
    SX 1999 /DX 2003
    norml.org

Comment

I think it's a great idea, generally speaking.

However, I wouldn't sign up myself because I avoid using the phone if at all possible. Phone calls make me incredibly stressed. I don't even talk to my (adult) kids unless it's an emergency...they know to email me instead.

I wasn't always this way, and I suspect it's an MS thing; maybe some kind of sensory overload.

Comment

Ditto what Sequoia said.
        Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Maybe a chat room would be easier

MS has taken my brain & speech. Hard to concentrate more than 30 minutes on anything. Can't be understood when I try to talk. I'm in the process of getting a speech machine. So now my desktop talks for me.

Chat room are easier for me.
          -
          KK

Comment

I would

I would appreciate it. But, I can't say that I would join EVERY week. I have a busy, full-time job and am taking some classes. But I would like the support.

Here in Seattle, there is a monthly support group at Swedish Hospital Cherry Hill. I rarely make it...

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback y' all

Comment

Interesting segment on All Thngs Considered -non MS

All Things Considered ran an interesting segment today, Sept 6, 2010.

Becoming Miles: The Journey Of Changing Sexes

Knowing a TG F-> M it gave me additional insight into how difficult and necessary his journey has been.

Comment

Re: Weekly Call

I know this was originally posted 5 years ago and it was overwhelmingly a no go. However some of the answers were if things changed they might be interested.

I don't know what tomorrow brings, but what I do know is that I have only been able to find online groups to share with. Although I have heard there are groups that meet somewhere, they must not be around here. Maybe it is best that way. I have no clue. All I know is there are times like tonight where I feel all alone in spite of living with my caregivers and their families.

There is no way I can answer if I could attend a call in every week but I know that the events I attend every once in a great while sure feels good. They let me know that I am not alone plus that there really are people who are working to help us. So I quess I am just wondering if anyone thought about putting the question up again?

Comment

Working...
                  X