MS since June 27 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS since June 27 2010

I am 55 just recently diagnosed. My neurologist and I have been watching lesions for 20mo. But he thought it was scaring from migraines. My symptoms were memory, cognitive issues, and vision. Not until I got up to go to work and couldn't feel my left side was I diagnosed. Now I feel like I am in a nightmare. Since the relapse my fatigue has worsened and organization is off the chart.
    I have 3 adult children, 30,28,20. My husband died 3 years ago. My parents 4 & 2 years ago. To say I'm going through changes is an understatement. This outlet helps me. I have learned a lot from everyone. I am taking Copaxone. Hopefully in a couple more months I will see some relief.
    I like to read and scrapbook. Both of which I have had to slow down and not do so much. I am still working although I have missed 3 days in 6 weeks because of MS. Don't know how that will pan out. I am going to take a driving test with a disability trainer. Don't know when just soon. That might me the defining moment for me. Good luck to everyone out there with MS. I am going to forge ahead even if I am a little discouraged right now.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Hello Debsouth

You have gone through significant losses in the last few years. So sorry about the loss of your husband, and Mom and Dad And now more losses with MS. Seems like that is way too much in a short period of time.

It's nice to know that MS World is beneficial to you. We're glad to have you aboard

I am going to forge ahead even if I am a little discouraged right now
    You have a persevering spirit. That is inspiring to others.

Looking forward to having you around here. Let us know how your driving test and your job plays out. Good luck with Copaxone too. We'll try our best to support you through this stuff.

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

welcome debsouth!!!!!!! my sympathies for all your losses. glad your here, determination is a great asset in the battle with ms!!! i look forward to seeing you around. good luck.

dave
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
      X