Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Hi everyone...I'm new to this so you will have to bear with me. I was diagnosed end of April this year. My husband and I started looking at some of the symptoms I had a while ago and we think I've had it for at least 8 years before I was diagnosed. I'm 36 years old and it can be hard to deal with, but I try to be positive and still maintain some type of activity, when I'm not too tired that is. I'm still learning not to overdue things and push myself. I think the craziest thing I deal with is the mood swings! I feel like I'm going crazy at times! The hardest part is feeling guilty at times. I feel bad for my husband and daughter who have to deal with this also.
    Diagnosed April 2010

Copaxone May 2010 - April 2011; Tysabri May 2011 - Present

Hello Gotthardtch

Welcome to MS World - nice to meet you!

...but I try to be positive and still maintain some type of activity, when I'm not too tired that is. I'm still learning not to overdue things and push myself
    Sounds like you've already acquired some sound wisdom

Having up and down moods is fairly common with MS, or any chronic condition for that matter. You were just recently diagnosed - it takes a little while to digest everything.

Many of us tend to feel some guilt because we're unable to do everything the way we used to due to fatigue, or strength, or stamina, or whatever. But we need not feel that way - we didn't want MS and it's not our fault.

Hopefully our loved ones will understand over time.

Looking forward to seeing you around. Glad you joined us here. I'm sure you'll benefit from the information and support of our members.

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
    X