I'm new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new

Hi! I'm too tired and brain too muddled to go into details. Just wanted to vent. I am so tired! The hours of my day just stretch on into eternity as I struggle to get up the energy to do anything.
    It is hard to look forward to things or feel positive when I'm so tired. I've had 3 cups of coffee today and I'm just wiped.
    I'm doing laundry and other to-do list items today because life sucks a little less when I have clean towels.

Hello Number8

Welcome to MS World Thanks for sharing, even though you are tired and brain muddled.

Extreme fatigue is one of the worst symptoms of MS, and unfortunately one of the most common.

I'm wondering if you are taking any meds for the fatigue? There are a few that many members are using that helps with severe fatigue. There are also a few supplements that some members say are helpful.

Also, there are anti-depressants that are known to provide relief.

In any case, I (as well as most of us here) can surely empathize with you. Fatigue truly affects our quality of life.

Hopefully your fatigue will lessen and you will feel more energetic soon. Just know you have our support and understanding Please feel free to vent anytime!

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thanks! Usually I am so positive but this fatigue has me inanother state of mind. I'm picking up good ideas here re: supplements. I would like to try Nuvigil or something but don't want to get into another drug that I'll build tolerance to over time. Been there done that! : ) I joke that I need an IV pumping caffeine into me, and a catheter, and I'd be golden!

Comment

A tiny bit about me: my username is due to my being the 8th person in my extended family to get MS. More have been diagnosed since me.

Comment

Number8

I joke that I need an IV pumping caffeine into me, and a catheter, and I'd be golden!
          LOL!! Would you believe that I really did have a caffeine IV onetime? The doctor in the ER gave it to me while suffering from a killer headache from a spinal tap.

Just wondering - 8th person to get MS in extended family? Are you blood relatives? I'm thinking extended family means not related...(that might not be so, but that's how I've understood extended family to mean.)

In any case, that's a whole lot of MS

Take care,
          KoKo
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

No, these are blood relatives on my Dad's side. There are 10-12 MS cases now (some deceased). At the last family reunion I told everyone to see a neurologist if they were"not quite right" or had odd s/x.

Comment

Number8

No, these are blood relatives on my Dad's side. There are 10-12 MS cases now (some deceased). At the last family reunion I told everyone to see a neurologist if they were"not quite right" or had odd s/x.
              Wow, that's quite shocking - must be a gene thing And you are unlucky #8..... Sorry to learn that so many in the family have MS.

Best wishes to all

Take care,
              KoKo

Comment

Originally posted by Number8 View Post
                life sucks a little less when I have clean towels.
                This made me laugh... I know how you feel, it's true.

I'm sorry the fatigue is so extreme and I do hope there's relief just around the corner.

It's hard to imagine so many people in one family with MS.. I'm glad you got the word out for everyone to have symptoms checked.

Comment

because life sucks a little less when I have clean towels.
                  That made me giggle as well. I have to agree though, life does suck less with a clean house, unfortunately fatigue doesn't always let you get up and do that though. *le sigh*

Sorry to hear about your fatigue, I also suffer from it. My Doc started me on Pristiq a few months ago though which is an antidepressant meant to help with fatigue, and it does help a good bit. Hopefully this wont be a permanent symptom for you.

~Elly
                  I choose to live and to grow, take and give and to move, learn and love and to cry, kill and die and to be paranoid and to lie, hate and fear and to do what it takes to move through.

Comment

Originally posted by floatingurboat View Post
                    That made me giggle as well. I have to agree though, life does suck less with a clean house, unfortunately fatigue doesn't always let you get up and do that though.
                    Agreed! I always feel better when I have a lemon-scented house...or any small part therein : ) Fortunately, I live in a small apartment, so it is do-able to clean the whole place. It took me most of this last weekend to do it, though, and that was with lots of breaks. Vacuum, dust, wii. Repeat. Sweep, launder, wii. Etc.

Super Mario, eat my dust!
                    Do not worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about itself. Sufficient unto the day is its own evil.
                    -Matthew 6:34

Comment

I am right there with you. Fatigue is overwhelming. I am going to ask my Dr. about it when I see him next. I have had to call into work 3 times in the last 6 weeks. I just can't get myself up and going. Plus my brain just isn't as sharp as it once was. Frustrating but I'm still trying to work things out. It is good to hear that others have the same issues. And that I am not crazy.
                      Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

That is something so baffling about this disease; in fact, I imagine that there is a researcher out there who would be very interested in talking to you. Your circumstance is a very interesting anomaly that the neuro community may want to find out more.

However, that is just part of MS. Identical twins who share the same genes, one could have it and then the other doesn't have it (which rules out the genetic source but there is more to it that has stumped researchers).

And myself, I stand better odds in winning the Texas Lottery than having this awful disease because I am completely outside the demographic; I have lived in south Texas for all of my life, I am male, and I am Hispanic.

But Number 8, please do nose around the neuro research community because I am sure that there is a researcher who would like to investigate your background.

Comment

Working...
                        X