Hello from Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Colorado

Hello everyone. My name is Christin and I'm a 40 year old woman, married for 21 years to the same man-!-, no children, but a lot of cats and some dogs thrown in to the mix.

I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis on April 12, 2007, 4 month after an 'abnormal MRI' and 10 of those 'bands' they can find in a spinal tap. After speaking to my neurologist, I realized that the symptoms I was having for a long time were all 'signs' that I had MS. My Balance was horrible at the time, the year prior to my diagnosis I was frequently walking into door frames, stumble over my own feet, tripped and fell... I also had other symptoms, but that sign is what made me go to checked out.

At the time I had 3 lesions. I remembered having an MRI in 1999 and they saw 3 lesions but thought it might be from high blood pressure at the time. I was afraid and never went back to follow up and do testing. I realize now that it was a big mistake.....

My first therapy was Rebif, followed by Copaxone, Avonex, and then Tysabri. I had horrible side effects with all of them, even the Tysabri. 4 months of it and I was hospitalized. I've tried other 'therapies' as well, none found effective. the last year I've stopped all therapies to let my body rest.

Today, August 15, I started the last one of the CRAB drugs. Betaseron. I hope and pray that this one won't knock me out ice cold, in horrible body pain like all the other ones did. I hope for no more horrible relapses and new symptoms. If after 6 months this won't work... we'll see then.

My last MRI showed 4 lesions, explaining the most severe symptoms, which is balance (I'm currently nursing a broken foot, in a cast, with 4 pins and a screw in it), memory, fatigue and terrible leg pains (Its treated with MS Contin).

I think thats about all I have for my intro. I'm a shy person, but a very good listener (reader). I look forward to meeting my fellow MSrs

Hi Christin 70 and welcome the site. I am sorry that you have to come here but hope you find the kinship and support that will help you.

I went through the CRABS too but had to go to Tysabri when I didn't get the help needed to stop the progression. One nice thing about Ty is the no flu sxs.

I hope that the Beta will stop the new lesions and that you can start feeling better soon.

Again, post your thoughts to us because we learn from each other.
    "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

Hello Christin70 (from Colorado)

Welcome to the MS World Forums - nice to meet you!

You did a wonderful job of sharing, for a shy person

I'm sure you will benefit from these Forums. There are many interesting threads and posts, as well as helpful information and support.

Good luck with the Betaseron medication. Let's hope that it slows the disease process.

Looking forward to seeing you around here and sharing your experiences and support.

Take care,
      KoKo
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hello Christin,

I'm sorry you're here also, but I'm very glad there's a place where we can all come and meet others that know what's going on in our bodies. I'm new as well. I was diagnosed this summer and started Betaseron July 23rd. I'm titrating up at a slow rate and so far, so good.... no real side effects to report. I hope you'll have a similar response. I'm sorry about your foot, that sounds wicked painful!

Comment

Working...
        X