Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Hi, my name is Jamie and I've come to feel that I may have MS. So here I am doing lots of reading and finding this forum to be great! I have questions and will be posting on those soon.

I'm so glad this forum is available for beginners like myself.

Hello Jamie

Welcome to the MS World Forums - nice to meet you!

You say you've come to feel that you may have MS. Just wondering - have you been to your doctor with your concerns? There are various conditions that have symptoms that are similar. There are several tests that are given before a diagnosis of MS.

It's nice to know that you think this Forum is great! There's lots of interesting information and plenty of support.

Be sure to let us know what your doctor says. We'll do our best to help you get through it all

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi KoKo, thank you for the welcome.

I haven't been to my doctor yet because I am researching but have been going through something for seven years now. Recent muscle pain and numbness in my legs is what lead me to begin researching MS. This is after an attack I had seven years ago that is sounding more and more like MS the more I read about it.

I haven't seen a neurologist for about six and half years because I never recieved a diagnosis for that original episode and have been thinking all this time that maybe it was just some quirky thing that my body did and I'll never know what it was, but I haven't been the same since and now with my legs bothering me I don't want to spend any more time not knowing. There has to be something going on, it can't be nothing.

I will be posting a description of that episode very soon, as soon as I have more time. It's hard getting time to myself for things like this with three kids out of school for the summer and always underfoot.

I've spent seven years though trying to not jump to any conclusions, but the not knowing is starting to really bother me. I want to know now.

Comment

WELCOME

Welcome Jamie. You need to see your Nerologist. Searching on the internet can be daunting,and you can get misinformation. I know Drs. and test are expensive and time comsuming,but somtimes they are necessary!! Please go!! Hope you fell better soon. We all care.

Comment

Hi Becca-Sue-

Nice to meet you!

That is something I'm worried about. The cost of the tests that I know are going to be ordered. Money is so tight. I had an MRI back in January for a gynecological problem and my portion was $600 after insurance!

I've made an appointment with my family doctor so I can run my symptoms past him and see what he thinks. I could not find the number for my old neurologist, he isn't in the phone book anywhere now. I hope he hasn't retired and made it impossible for me to gain access to my records.

Comment

Working...
          X