GLBTQI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GLBTQI

I am thrilled to have a thread that addresses the GLBTQI community and MS.. we have needed this for so long. There are many prejudices that we face.. hopefully we can offer support to each other as we continue the fight for our civil rights, alongside the fight for our health.

****URL removed as per MSWorld guidelines. You may put it in your profile****

Dx: RRMS June 2, 2009.

Originally posted by womynn View Post
    I am thrilled to have a thread that addresses the GLBTQI community and MS.. we have needed this for so long. There are many prejudices that we face.. hopefully we can offer support to each other as we continue the fight for our civil rights, alongside the fight for our health.
    Dx: RRMS June 2, 2009.

Womynn,

Good to see a newbie posting!!
    This forum is not, solely, about the prejudices we face, but more of a place where we can share what it means to be GBLT with MS (or knowing/loving/caring for someone with M.S.) Admittedly, I give you THIS: many of the struggles, do seem to come from not having equal rights in the hospital/doctors offices/decision making processes/simple daily problems we all deal with as "MS Effected" persons -aka -"MSE"

May we all find peace in our hearts, and strength in our minds to overcome the seeping poisonous slurs that recklessly spew from those who seem to define themselves as a person of purity....the only purity I am aware of, exists in God. Others may have different spiritual "leaders"/"Gods" and may agree with me, that they are the only one who can attain such a crown of purity. Out of fear and misunderstanding, evil words may be cast. My thoughts and emotions strive, as an invisible battler to prevent this, but know it may happen, but will not lessen the importance of this thread! May we not bow to their fears and be frightened beside them, rather ...let us offer our hand and bring them up to sit in "fellowship" with us, on an even surface and learn what each of our fears are
    .....COMMUNICATION......
    This is the "bare-bones" about how this will succeed.

May there be enough kindness that we can all help one another. When it comes down to the bottom line...we are all humans, children of Gods creation, and we are hurting because of our infliction with this disease that is so formidable, so frightening, so complex that we are unable to "wrap our minds around it,to understand it all". Not everyone will agree with our diverse group here, but we must all learn to,at least, tolerate. We are but an age-old-beast if we cannot address the suffering of our fellow man, or help a wounded "brother".

namaste
    LaTish
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Working...
    X