hello again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello again

I was here when this was a small message board, nothing like it has grown into. Which is great. I have MS for 24 years now. I was a Paid on Call Firefighter for 20 years. Worked for 30 years till last month. I got tired of being tired. Go to work and come home home tired. Have a day off, tired.

So now with a little free time , I'm back.

Also went and saw a new neuro in July. Like him and his team. See him next week to discuss a new treatment.

Welcome back and may I say thank you for all your years serving us in such a noble capacity. I think you have earned a rest. Positive thoughts for a good visit with neuro and getting on new meds.
    "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

Hello Retiredfireguy

Welcome Back!

Tired of being tired - I sure understand that one. I retired on disability because I couldn't do one more day - exhausted all the time.

Hopefully now you'll be able to get the much needed rest, whenever you want it.

I think it's great that you like your new neuro. Let us know which treatment you decide on.

We're glad you're back, and looking forward to seeing you around

Take care,
      KoKo
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thank you for the warm welecome. Im off to New York tomorrow for a wedding at West Point. Hopefully the weather will be nice, if not I will pack my cooling vest.

Comment

gradparty02

This is my first time on this site. My hats off to you for working as a firefighter with MS. My husband is a retired fire chief so I know what you went threw.

Comment

RetiredFireGuy, you really need to expand your story because it sounds like it would make interesting reading. My father-in-law is a retired firefighter; he taught at the fire academy the last part of firefighting career. And he was a paramedic when he was a young man. Some of the stuff that my father-in-law told me sent shivers down my spine.

So it is hard to imagine how you dealt with being a firefighter who had MS; so let us know more about your career and retirement.

Comment

Working...
            X