not really new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not really new

Hi. Haven't been here in a long time. I used to log in as Doozey. Not gone for any bad reasons. Was still working and it was all getting to be too much. Just didn't have time (or energy) to do everything. I am 56 (for another week anyway) and was diagnosed a little over 4 years ago. Misdiagnosed several years before that. I quit work the end of February and recently was informed my disability claim was approved. Thought I'd miss work, but I don't. Guess it was time.

Have been very busy. One son got married in July. Recovered for a week and then drove our other son's car (with DH) 3,000 miles to the army fort he is where he is currently posted. Deployment will be next June.

I have 3 cats and 2 dogs. One cat is 18 and in chronic renal failure. The 13 yr. old dog is going that way, too. I'm busy being a vet nurse. I'm glad to be back. Interested in how all of you are doing and in current info regarding the MonSter.

Hello Palmetto Queen

Welcome back!

I thoroughly understand not having energy for everything while working. Towards the end of my working career, before disability retirement, working was all I could do. No housecleaning, not much socializing, etc.

Now that I'm not working, I can budget the energy better and thus have some stamina for light exercising, housecleaning, grocery shopping, laundry, and some socializing.

Glad to hear that you had enough energy for your one son's wedding, and a visit to where your other son is stationed. Where is he getting deployed to in June?

Sorry you've had to become vet nurse. It's tough when pets get sick too. I'm sure you have provided them with the love and care needed for the long happy lives they've enjoyed

Glad your disability claim has been approved

And in case I forget, Happy Birthday next week!

Hope we'll be seeing you around

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Happy impending birthday!

So sorry about your pets. I am sure you have given them much love and they have returned it tenfold. There are lots of people on the forum here who express their love for their animals.

Welcome

Justacowgirl
      Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

thanks

Thanks for the welcome. Koko, my son will be going to

Afghanistan.

Comment

Welcome back pametto queen! It sounds as though you have been extremely busy.

Tell your son how proud my husband and I are of him for his service and will be praying for him as he serves in Afghanistan. Our son is retired from Air Force due to medical discharge.

Let us hear from you.
          "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

Working...
          X