Alberta Health Services and CCSVI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alberta Health Services and CCSVI

albertahealthservices released their position on CCSVI as it may or may not relate to MS. If you go to their web site and read the article released today, Aug.6 (in the upper right hand corner of the page) and read the complete statement, I am sure that many of you will start to see why there is so much controversy surrounding the Liberation Treatment. Even though I have never believed in the Liberation Treatment as a viable treatment option for MS, I am hoping more people will do their research before considering this very ineffective and dangerous procedure.

I was just officially diagnosed on the 10th of August and asked my neuro about it. She said she was advising patients against it until more research had been done and told me about the AHS stance. It was an interesting read for sure. I can also understand why people are wanting to go ahead with it after suffering with this for so many years.

Personally, if my condition worsens, I will wait and see how it plays out down the road. Not that I could afford it anyway.

Comment

To Limbo72

Firstly, sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Second, there was a story in the Edmonton Journal that talked to a lady from Ponoka who had had the treatment and it lasted 6 weeks before she returned to the way she was. That means it cost her about $800.00 a day to feel better . As long as you are relapsing/remitting and are doing everything possible to eliminate the stresses in you life, this awful disease doesn't have to dominate you life. Knowledge is power so read all you can. Attitude can affect the way we feel so be aware and if you want to understand yourself, google "The Beginner's Guide to Multiple Sclerosis" and enjoy the read. All the best.

Comment

I completely understand the need for studies to be done on the relationship between MS and CCSVI, but it is not a dangerous procedure. It has been effective for many people.

Comment

Working...
        X