Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally decided to log in

Hi
    Im 43 and was diagnosed last week after results from MRI, spinal puncture and blood work. Had symptoms for a couple of months now...dizziness-fainting, numbness, pain, tingling and REALLY bad vision. For those couple of months, I thought I was dying....I didn't now what was wrong...I knew something wasn't right and I was trying to do everything I could to make myself happy and live my life. I was doing it ALL.

One night while in dance class I felt a tingling down my back and this caused me to take a tumble. Besides getting a huge bruiser on my hip, I was ok. A few days later I went to the doctor who diagnosed....stress and exhaustion...
    The numbness, severe headaches continued, so he referred me to a neurologists who then diagnosed me. Besides feeling like a lab rat...I got depressed. Here I was, in a successful little business, thinking of starting a new relationship and BAM! I was not a happy camper. Would I be able to still enjoy doing the things I love the most???what about work...my hobbies....and a love relationship....what about that? I certainly didn't want to burden anyone/or ripp anyone off...

I told two whole people....my current partner (who has been a life-long friend) and a long distance friend.

I wanted to crawl in a shell or just tell everyone who knew me to RUN!!
    I was in bad shape.....I made stupid decisions, made bad choices and lost out on something that was dear to me Multitude of emotions that were rational and irrational....

Since then...my outlook has changed and is improving...
    The doctor is starting me out on a new drug therapy and I'm still dancing and keeping fit. Physical fitness/riding my horse (Simone) is one way that I deal with having MS. The other reason I have been able to weather this storm in my life is due to my strong partner....Blessings sure do come in little packages

She gives me shots of encouragement to help me keep fighting this disease.
    We're not given anything we cannot handle....
    I now look at MS as a "blessing"....MS has given me the opportunity to try and make the most of every day. I'm ready.....
    The eyes are the gateway to the soul. A person's eyes tell everything about them.

“That's the reason they're called lessons, because they lesson from day to day.”

Welcome, SpiritAir, Sorry for th reason but c'est la vie. Sounds like you are getting a handle on what works for you.
    The forum and the people on it are great and smart. There is a lot of good information and experience here.

I glad you have a good support system and are "back in the saddle, again" Stay strong and Be well
    You only live NOW.
    SX 1999 /DX 2003
    norml.org

Comment

Welcome SpiritAir

Yes MS does make us more aware of what is important and appreciative of our days that we feel better

Wanting to run and hide is common, so is denial.

I have just let my day unfold and adjusted my plans accordingly over the past 20+ years. If I can't walk, I sit and do paper work and when I can walk well, I do cleaning and so on.

I do resent losing my hot baths though LOL. I will do as much as my body lets me at any given point and on days when I over do, my body lets me know for sure.

Wishing you well, please come back often and let us know how you are doing

Comment

Originally posted by SpiritAir View Post
        Hi
        Im 43 and was diagnosed last week after results from MRI, spinal puncture and blood work. Had symptoms for a couple of months now...dizziness-fainting, numbness, pain, tingling and REALLY bad vision. For those couple of months, I thought I was dying....I didn't now what was wrong...I knew something wasn't right and I was trying to do everything I could to make myself happy and live my life. I was doing it ALL.

One night while in dance class I felt a tingling down my back and this caused me to take a tumble. Besides getting a huge bruiser on my hip, I was ok. A few days later I went to the doctor who diagnosed....stress and exhaustion...
        The numbness, severe headaches continued, so he referred me to a neurologists who then diagnosed me. Besides feeling like a lab rat...I got depressed. Here I was, in a successful little business, thinking of starting a new relationship and BAM! I was not a happy camper. Would I be able to still enjoy doing the things I love the most???what about work...my hobbies....and a love relationship....what about that? I certainly didn't want to burden anyone/or ripp anyone off...

I told two whole people....my current partner (who has been a life-long friend) and a long distance friend.

I wanted to crawl in a shell or just tell everyone who knew me to RUN!!
        I was in bad shape.....I made stupid decisions, made bad choices and lost out on something that was dear to me Multitude of emotions that were rational and irrational....

Since then...my outlook has changed and is improving...
        The doctor is starting me out on a new drug therapy and I'm still dancing and keeping fit. Physical fitness/riding my horse (Simone) is one way that I deal with having MS. The other reason I have been able to weather this storm in my life is due to my strong partner....Blessings sure do come in little packages

She gives me shots of encouragement to help me keep fighting this disease.
        We're not given anything we cannot handle....
        I now look at MS as a "blessing"....MS has given me the opportunity to try and make the most of every day. I'm ready.....
        Welcome SpiritAir!

You sound like you have gotten the proper prospective. Always remember that your disposition counts for more than your circumstances.

Wishing you all the best!

Comment

welcome spiritair!!!!! glad you found us. i look forward to hearing more from you. good luck.

dave
          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
          volunteer
          MS World
          hunterd@msworld.org
          PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hello Spirit Air

Welcome to MS World - nice to meet you!

Your story is inspiring. Glad you're seeing things in a different light. It's not so much what happens to us, it's how we perceive what happens to us that makes a dfference.

Looking forward to seeing you around

Take care,
            KoKo
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thanks ... and very nice to meet you all. Blessings...I'm looking forward to sharing and learning...
              The eyes are the gateway to the soul. A person's eyes tell everything about them.

“That's the reason they're called lessons, because they lesson from day to day.”

Comment

Working...
              X