I think I am ready now....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I am ready now....

I am a 44 yr old mother of four, married 23 yrs. I work full time outside the home. I have been a member here for about a year, I have visited many times reading forums as I was experiencing unexplainable yet severe issues with my vision, muscles, heart, joints and a list of other things that my gp always ended up attributing to stress. I have a brother with Lupus and several aunts as well as my mother have thyroid issues, so I have been looking in several different directions.

Well this last attack that have had I feeling like I am on the back side of after about 2 months has taking away more vision in my left eye as well other muscle problems around my eye. I have finally found a doctor, she is a gyn/endocrinologist and is the first doctor to ask for records from my gp, internist, cardio, eye doctor and even my chiro (I think she wants records from him because I count on him so much and he records all my complaints (the things that seemed weird to me) in his chart. I am hoping she will take this full circle and help me get to the bottom of this once and for all. I feel like I am going crazy sometimes....

Anyway, in the past I have never pursued these attacks and often just got through the days and weeks the best I could, trying to pretend like I am ok, not complaining just taking lots of over-the-counter meds to try to deal with it. I am the "yes" mom/woman, so accepting that something may be wrong has been very difficult for me but I have come to the realization with this last attack that I can no longer deal with this the way I have been, it is time to get answers as I have been very restricted in what I can even do. I have never been so scared in my life, I pray for comfort and guidance and that's all I can do for now. I am ready to accept and deal with whatever comes my way........for I am strong with GOD by my side. This is a wonderful place to be able to share, vent and gain knowledge from wonderful supportive people. Thank you.

welcome!!!!!!! glad you stepped out of the shadows, so to speak. hope you get a dx quickly. fear is a natural thing (and a positive one), we`re here for you when you need it. good luck.

dave
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hello Annette

Welcome to the MS World Forums - nice to meet you!

It's good to know that you have been reading our various forums for almost a year now. Glad to hear that this site is helpful.

It sounds as if you've been dealing with many health issues for a while now. It's great to hear that you are ready to get to the bottom of what's going on. Your endocrinologist may even refer you to a neurologist if she suspects neurological problems.

Please feel free to come here as often as you want. Ask questions, or just share what you're going through. We'll do our best to help if we can.

Good luck with your tests and let us know what you find out. Sending calming vibes your way

Take care,
      KoKo
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

First MRI Scheduled...

I went to my appt with my gp and spilled the beans, so to say. As I mentioned I have treated these episodes for several years with otc meds and just dealt with it, making excuses and such but have tried to keep record for the past 3 yrs since I realized there was a pattern of sort developing, once the sx would start they would last for a period and then it was like I was pretty much back to normal. Seemed very odd and I started investigating the sx about a year ago and kept coming back to MS. Well I have had two episodes this year and decided enough is enough, I need help with this. My normal GP is on vacation so I saw a female nurse practioner, she was awesome, she listened much better the usual dr did and then check a few things like my eyes, as I have recently lost more vision in my left eye and she said I am scheduling you an MRI asap as well as getting you in to see a Neurologist, once MRI is done, I will make sure they work you into schedule you need to be seen right away. I asked why, she said you have extremely engorged vessels behind your eyes, much worse on the right side. So what can I expect next, what questions should I ask? I am ready for whatever comes my way. With God all things are possible.... I am so glad I found this site, it has been very informative and everyone is so nice. Oh and lots of funny whitty people as well. Thank you all!!

Comment

I hope your MRI brings you the answers you need

Hi Annette...

Seems as if you have had a frustrating time, and finally having someone listen to you and say you need an MRI will hopefully be your first step to putting a name to whatever is going on with your health, or point you in the direction you need to go. Hooray for the attentive nurse practitioner who took the time to listen to you. Sending you healing thoughts.

Golightlygirl
          golightlygirl... Diagnosed 05/10 with RRMS. Currently taking Copaxone.

Comment

Hello Annette

Good that you came out of lurking, nice to meet you.

Will be watching for your posts following your MRI and appointments.

Waiting is tough, but it sounds like you are a busy lady, so the time should go by a bit faster for you.

We are here for you while you wait, come back often, vent, rant or any other release valve you need.

Comment

What a wonderful place to be able to come to...

I just want to thank everyone who has answered my questions and has been so kind. You all are also in my thought and prayers.

Comment

Annette,

Its good that you're jumping on this. I know its scary but you should feel more in control going in search of. Nothing will happen to you that you and God can't handle together. Sometimes he sends your friends and family to help you. Take care...come back often. We're here for you!
                Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth. Unknown

Comment

Annette, welcome and glad you are taking charge of your health. We are our best advocates. It sounds as though you are finally heading in the right direction. You have many of us who are joining you in our thoughts and prayers. Remember greater is He that is in you than He that is in the world or in the MS.
                  "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

Working...
                  X