No announcement yet.

Welcome ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't even realize that GLBT had it's own thread subject line.... WOOOO HOOOO!

Comment

Thanks - this was a great idea! Take care everyone!

Comment

I agree

Great idea, people. Thank you for this thread!

Comment

Maplepower, you must be from VT, Welcome
          You only live NOW.
          SX 1999 /DX 2003
          norml.org

Comment

Sorry Maple power I just noticed Canada in your profile
            You only live NOW.
            SX 1999 /DX 2003
            norml.org

Comment

Awesome

What a great forum. Its funny, I always try to tell people not to throw labels around (gay,straight,whatever) but I am ecstatic to see those same labels here, where there is already a sense of community with The disease alone,Hmmm..luckily, I am fortunate to live in a very liberal city where I can hold hands with my girlfriend with little notice from others. I cant imagine what a 1,2 punch with ms and having to hide a relationship (from anyone, let alone drs) would feel like. I am happy and comforted that these folks at least have this like minded forum. Thanks for being here everyone!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pneuma View Post
                What a great forum. Its funny, I always try to tell people not to throw labels around (gay,straight,whatever) but I am ecstatic to see those same labels here, where there is already a sense of community with The disease alone,Hmmm..luckily, I am fortunate to live in a very liberal city .......!
                You are very fortunate to live in the city you do. I am happy you found this thread, here on this supportive site.
                Namaste,
                LaTish
                Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Originally posted by gabbo7 View Post
                  Actually, it was MY idea, he said humbly. And they were great. Put the forum up right away. Which was very nice.
                  I suggested it because sometimes you just gotta be with your own.
                  Thank you for doing it! I've really felt so isolated since my dx and even more so because of my sexuality. I feel like nearly all of the advocacy put out is all directed towards women. If it wasn't for Montel Williams I doubt the general public would even know that men can have MS too.
                  When the MS Society offered Peer support I jumped at it. I asked if there were any gay men and they told me that they really didn't have a categorie like that.
                  Ok I know that being a man with MS puts me into a small group add gay and it gets a lot smaller but we exist. And while the physical MS issues for all men are no different. There are things that I just don't want to discuss with or feel safe enough to put out there without the feeling of being judged or really understood.

Comment

Howdy AlanZ

I am glad to see you on this forum. Um - Oh yeah - I don't remember how long ago I joined but all of the posts were old but I posted without looking at them. I am really glad to see a new post. Maybe this will start a rash of new posts now. (One can always hope)

Comment

Working...
                    X