Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so confused

Well, I don't even know where to start.
    I am 43 years old. I went to my Dr primary 6 months ago, and was dx with hyperthyroidism (possibly graves disease) yet, It was only like 6 months after my youngeset dauhghter was born. So I was sort of chalking this up to postpartum thyroiditis. I have been having extremely horrible muscle cramps (spasms) for about the last 4 years. I have never really discussed this with anyone. I presented to my primary, with confusion and these severe muscle cramps that I can get anywhere, hands, fingers, inbetween my ribs, my stomach, inner thighs, etc... my other main symptom is that I just get so dizzy, vertigo more then a few times a day, to the point that I have to sit down, and concentrate not to get terribly nauseous.These cramps come daily too.My left arm, I have lost most of my strength in this, as I am left handed this is quite difficult for me to deal with.
    She drew blood, and told me about my throid being hyperactive. I went to an endocrinologist, and was told that my muscle cramps had nothing to do with my thyroid problems, that I should see a neurologist. Well that took time.
    I have finally been to see the local neurologist. And he wanted to draw more blood work, which I go in for tomorrow, checking the metabolic, potasiam, b12, lyme disease and all that stuff. I did go in for an MRI last week, and I was given a copy of this before I left the office (not the best thing to do for me, since I have medical knowledge) I have been trying so hard not to even look at this, although it is hard. From what I have been able to read that one of the signs on an MRI is the white spots on the scan. And these I do have, quite a few of them actually. These show up on the non contrast as well as the contrast section.
    I am 43 and a mother of 5 children, 21 20 10 4 and the baby is 17 months.
    I am just so scared at this point. I really just don't know what to do.
    The reason that my doctor did the MRI, is that he thinks that my symptoms are quite possibly MS.
    Help, I wish I knew what I was asking here, maybe just a shoulder to cry on at this point.
    Thanks for reading this book.
    be well
    Lori

Hello Lori

Welcome to our forums here at MS World - nice to meet you!

Until your bloodwork comes back, we can't be sure of what's going on. The blood tests carry alot of important info, as well as rule out various disorders.

Your symptoms sound as if they could possibly be MS symptoms, but there are other disorders that have similar ones.

In any case, feel free to share what you're going through with us. We'll do our best to answer questions and help you get through this.

Waiting for answers is frustrating and nerve-wracking. Most of us have been there too.

For now, just try to put one foot in front of the other, and do the next thing that needs to be done. I'm sure your little angels keep you busy

Come here as often as you want to. There's lots of info, as well as support and understanding

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi Lori

Welcome to the forum. Take a step at a time. Like Koko said it could be many things & blood work is very important to do at this point.

I'm sure you are very frustrated. I've had MS for 36 yrs & I still get that way. Sometimes I have to just take a minute at a time. Hang in there the dr sounds like they really are hearing what you're saying. It just takes time.

I also go to a chiro & I'm so glad I do. When I have problems walking he knows exactly what to do. In fact he has a helped a lot of us that have MS. Sometimes I think they listen to us better than our own regular doctors do.

Anyway, hang in there Lori. Stay positive even when you don't want to. Take time for yourself. People with MS sometimes don't do that enough.

Take care & Blessings

Comment

Gosh!

You people here at this MS site are nothing SHORT of SUPER-NICE!

The kindness I am continually reading is amazing. The advice given to Lori very proffesional & well said.

Warm welcomes, and well wishes to Lori and her upcoming Dr. visit.

Debbie

Comment

Working...
        X