Lived With MS All My Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lived With MS All My Life

Hi everyone. I have been a member of this site for awhile, but never posted. My dad had MS and so do I. Mine started with migraine like headaches and then a bout of optic neuritis that took the vision in my left eye. This all started in June 2003 and I was finally diagnosed with MS in October 2005. I started on Avonex in December 2005 and had to switch to Copaxone in December 2008, because of the side effects Avonex had on me. My MS hasn't really given me any major problems since being diagnosed, so keep a positive attitude.

Hello HairstylistMLB

Welcome to MS World - nice to meet you!

Glad to learn that you haven't had any major problems from the MS. I'm wondering - did your eyesight return in your left eye? I hope it did

Hope you continue to do well on Copaxone, with no major problems. Looking forward to seeing you around. Any questions, please feel free to ask. We'll help if we can.

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Glad you came out to talk to us Hairstylist!

Hopefully you enjoy many more years of major free sx!

Welcome and hope to see you here often!

Comment

Eyesight

No, my eyesight never returned in my left eye, but apparently my brain isn't working quite right tonight because I've only been on Copaxone since December 2009 not 2008. OOPS!

Comment

Welcome HairstylistMLB, I like your style, no pun intended. I am sorry that you have lost your vision in the one eye but now that you are on meds maybe that will keep that from happening to the other. Keep the positive attitude and BTW, welcome to the oops world of MSers. It's a cog fog thing.
          "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

I've also lived with M.S. all my life...

My Mom had M.S. at my birth. She died when I was 8. Later on, 3 first cousins developed M.S. They were in their 20s or early 30s. I thought I escaped the MonSter when I turned 40. I had a 3 year old at the time, a good job and WHAM! I got the family curse too. I just hope my daughter doesn't get it.

I am thinking we have something in common, being a caretaker and later developing M.S. ourselves. If you ever want to compare notes, my email address is in my profile. Good luck to you, and it would be great to hear from you if you find the time to write!
            Tawanda

Comment

MS has been in my life for 27 years and now will forever

My step mother was diagnosed in 1983 and now I have just been diagnosed at the age of 29. I can not believe this at all. The treatments that were available in 1983 are nothing compared to what we have today so needless to say my step mother isn't doing so good. My father and her nurse take care of her just as I did for those years that I was living at home.......now I'm gonna need someone to take care of me?....

Comment

hi hairstylist and welcome!!!! glad to have you here. i look forward to seeing more of you around. good luck.

dave
                hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                volunteer
                MS World
                hunterd@msworld.org
                PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
                X