lots of tears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lots of tears

Hi, I am new to this forum but am happy to have a place where others understand how I feel and what I'm going through. I am 36, and was diagnosed 6 years ago. I have three children, ages 15,12,and 8. I also have a wonderfully supportive husband, a dog and 2 cats.

I have had quite a few ups and downs with this disease, and currently am having a pretty bad relapse. It is unbelievably hard to keep up with my kids because I feel so tired all the time. I've had problems with balance, energy, and pain. Recently I have a ringing in my ears that never stops.

I am trying to stay positive, but right now that is very hard. I cry a lot and tend to be grumpy! My family is very understanding, and mostly my kids are very helpful (although they are kids ) I feel like it's not fair to them that I am so limited in what I am able to do, and I know that they are tired of me going to doctors all the time.

Anyway, I am a very positive person and look forward to getting to know others that can relate to me.

Welcome, gumby!
    “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
    Diagnosed 1979

Comment

Hi

Hi there - I got dx'dabout 16 yrs ago. It has been struggle but attitude is a large part of how I deal with it. The more positive I stay, the easier daily issues are to deal with! I try to do things I love everyday: music, yoga, 'Reba' (on TV), etc. Keep up with us

Comment

I understand your feeling of guilt when you are not able to do as much with your kids as you use to. I have a 15 and 11 year old and to be able to cook a meal for them sometimes is a real chore.

I sat my kids down and explained what was wrong with me and answered and questions that they had. It seemed to help because now they are more understanding and willing to step in and help.

We can't help what is going wrong with our bodies. Our minds want to do one thing but our bodies will not let us. This is something I had to come to terms with (and still is to a certain degree). I learned the hard way to not overly push your body to try and accomplish things you might have been able to do in the past.

I am only 31 and I function at the capacity of 70 year old sometime. I just do what I can and enjoy those accomplishments.

It's good that your family is understanding and a good cry is not bad every now and then to let out some of the fustration. Using this forum has really help me to come to terms with some of my limitations. Hope you find the same encouragement.
        "Therefore we do not give up, but even if the man we are outside is wasting away, certainly the man we are inside is being renewed from day to day." 2 Cor. 4:16

Comment

Hello gumby

Welcome to MS World - nice to meet you!

I think we all get grumpy now and then. I'm sure your children will be ok, in spite of mom being grumpy at times.

Let's hope your relapse ends, and you're feeling better real soon.

Hopefully you will benefit from the various forums, the support, and the shared experiences of our members

Take care,
          KoKo
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I feel so welcome

Thank you all so much, I feel so welcome here and I look forward to getting to know my new friends. Today was a good day so my attitude is so much better tonight!

Comment

Gumby

Yay for the good day

Wishing you many more!

Take care,
              KoKo
              PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Good stuff

Just read this peice from another "Newbie" (<-- I hope saying 'newbie' doesn't offend anyone), and after all my worries of not finding my way around, I'm doing great!

WOW, the words of encouragement from everyone .... the understanding ... and even, the compassion!
                I am just the 'wife' to my husband who suffers greatly from his MS, and I can NOT hardly wait for him to get up so I can show him this fantastic site!
                This young lady Gumby has recieved a nice, warm welcome from some really nice people (Dann, Jazzgirl, Earnellzwifey & Koko)! This really is exciting.

Can't wait to share this with my husband John. Possibly might turn out to be the best thing for him as he feels that complaining to me anymore is just too much (Which I heard this tid-bit from our 18 year old daughter just a few days ago) ... so I'm feeling like I just stubled onto the greatest thing since sliced bread!

Good, good stuff, and thank you again!
                Talk to you soon Gumbie - "Keep your chin up"
                Hugs to all,
                Debbie

Comment

Working...
                X