:o) Hey there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:o) Hey there

Just wanted to say hello, I've already posted a bit but haven't introduced myself yet. I was just dx in May. I am currently symptom free thank god, and started Copaxone 6 weeks ago-ish? I am a dog groomer and live with my 9 animals, 5 guinea pigs, 2 cats, 1 dog and a Husband! Look forward to getting to know you all.

Hello Ma Vie en Rose

Welcome to MS World!

You live with your 9 animals (including hubby animal) LOL

Is dog grooming your business, or just a hobby? I think that could be a job that requires alot of patience You are obviously a true animal lover, so I'm sure they behave well for you.

That's great to hear that you are currently symptom free Let's hope the Copaxone keeps any relapses away.

Best wishes to you and your husband, and your 8 four-legged animals

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

lol! yes dog grooming is my job, i love it but one might need to be crazy to take it on as a hobby! unfortunately for all the groomers of the world we are definitely one of the last people the dogs look forward to seeing ( second only to the vet perhaps?) so it can definitely be challenging at times. but it pays the bills and is better than sitting behind a desk, at least for me.

Comment

Hello Ma...Rose

Maybe hobby wasn't the right word to use

I know someone who doesn't do it as a job, per se, but she took classes and grooms her own dogs, as well as the neighbor's dog and some friends and family's dogs.

Take care,
        KoKo
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I could see doing that, definitely a money saver to know how to groom your own critters as prof. grooming can be expensive ( happily for me!). I really do love my job, however I would love being independently wealthy more!

Comment

i envy that you get to have so many critters! you must be very good w/ animals to be a groomer. i have a healthy respect for groomers after taking 2 days & killing a clipper to cut my sweet cockapoo's hair. she's mild mannered & well behaved but became crazy when we, DH & i tried to cut her hair! it's well worth the money to just hand her over.
            we used to have guinea pigs & 4 other animals at once. gp's are exc! had one even in my preschool classroom. we let ours run loose as he was 'potty trained' he'd run to his cage to do his business. self taught too! i miss him but have no energy for any animal but my puppy. not even a fish!
            got a stupid question. only took french but i used to know what your name meant, would you please translate? sorry for being so dense.
            glad you're at msworld! isn't it great!
            take care & GOd bless!
            "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

My life in Pink

Comment

Welcome to MSWorld!

Sounds like you really enjoy all your critters. Pets are so much fun, and companionship too!

We had to put our beloved golden down a year ago this last May. Sure miss her. We won't be getting another one as I have all I can do to take care of myself somedays. I would feel guilty not being able to walk her either.

You are a lucky one to be surrounded with all the "wonders of the world"! Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Ma_vie_en_rose View Post
                  My life in Pink
                  how very neat & poetic!
                  thank you for sharing!
                  "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Working...
                  X