MSW HELPS KEEP THE BLUES AWAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSW HELPS KEEP THE BLUES AWAY

I WAS RECENTLY DIAGNOSED, A WEEK TOMORROW IN FACT. AFTER ALL THE TESTS AND ONLINE RESEARCH AND ANNOYING AND SCARY SYMPTOMS AND KNOWING SOMETHING WAS WRONG, I INITIALLY FELT RELIEVED TO FIND OUT THE CAUSE. ALL THE YES, NO GAMES WERE OVER. I WAS NOT, NOR HAVE I EVER BEEN CRAZY.

THE NEURO STARTED ME ON IV STEROIDS THAT DAY, AND I WAS OKAY. A LITTLE NERVOUS, BUT OKAY. THEN THE THINKING SETTLED IN..ALL THOSE WHAT IFS...OY. I REALIZED I WAS BECOMING SCARED AND WANTED TO HAVE WHATEVER PEACE I COULD WITH IT AND IN TURN FOUND MSW AND THE CHAT ROOM. I STILL HAVE MY MOMENTS RIGHT NOW, BUT EVERYONE HAS BEEN SO HELPFUL AND NOT FEELING ALONE HAS BEEN AN ADDED BONUS. THERE ARE STILL DAYS I WONDER IF I AM SO SYMPTOMATIC WITH SMALL LESIONS, HOW IT WILL BE WHEN THEY GET BIGGER, BUT I STILL TRY TO REMIND MYSELF THAT I AM STILL LIVING WITH THE SYMPTOMS, I JUST KNOW WHY NOW.

I GUESS IT WAS ONE OF THOSE THINGS I WAS HOPING THERE WOULD BE A WONDER DRUG TO CURE WHAT AILS ME AND I WOULD BE FIXED AGAIN. TOOK A NASTY LUMBAR PUNCTURE AND A REAL BAD BLOOD PATCH TO GET HERE, BUT HERE I AM. ALL I REALLY CAN SAY IS THANK YOU SO MUCH TO THOSE I RUN INTO IN THE CHAT ROOMS FOR YOUR SUPPORT, LAUGHS AND SHARING OF YOUR STORIES. FOR ALL THE NEWBIES LIKE ME, YOU WILL FIND THIS PLACE TO BE BOTH WONDERFUL FOR YOU, AND ADDICTIVE TO BOOT.

Hello cardioneurogirl

Welcome to the MS World Forums - nice to meet you!

Most of us have felt relief upon being diagnosed. There's something about waiting for a diagnosis that is so unnerving.

We're so glad that you found MS World and the Chat Rooms. We don't have to feel all alone with MS and the challenges that come with it.

Best wishes to you.

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi there Cardio

nice to see you on the boards here.

Yes this is a wonderful place to learn, share, and vent with people who all understand exactly what we are experiencing in our daily life with MS

We are just one click away all the time.

Comment

Working...
      X