ALA/ALC Blood Pressure Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALA/ALC Blood Pressure Question

Just started taking them 200 ALA and 600 ALC. A week later my Blood Pressure went through the roof (185/100). I also was diagnosed with severe sinus infection (so I had this infection for a while). I do monitor my Bp and a just a few weeks before it was fine. Has anyone had this reaction? I have stopped taking them for now and am not sure they caused this, but the timing was suspicious.

Originally posted by dyt777 View Post
    Just started taking them 200 ALA and 600 ALC. A week later my Blood Pressure went through the roof (185/100). I also was diagnosed with severe sinus infection (so I had this infection for a while). I do monitor my Bp and a just a few weeks before it was fine. Has anyone had this reaction? I have stopped taking them for now and am not sure they caused this, but the timing was suspicious.
    I haven't heard of elevated blood pressure being a side effect of ALA/ALC, and I've read a lot of posts on these supplements on various MS boards.

I just checked to be sure on the WebMD site (a very reputable source), and there's no mention of a problem with blood pressure.

While I was at it, I looked to see if there's a correlation between a sinus infection and high blood pressure, and sure enough, there is!

Comment

Thanks

I too did an internet search on both. But I didn't find blood pressure with sinus infection either except as related to taking decongestants (which I am not). Am concerned about how long this infection has been going on. Seems like if it causes vision issues, it is pretty severe. I don't recall any fevers though. Thanks. For now I am just getting rid of my infection and monitoring my BP more actively (3 times a day). Once the infection is under control and I am sure my BP is under control, I will retry the supplement and monitor my BP at the same time.

My husband started taking thema and seems to feel a positive effect already with no BP problems. Lucky me... nothing ever seems to work right.

Comment

Working...
      X