Numbness and tingling in my tongue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Numbness and tingling in my tongue

Hello, I am fairly new here and was diagnosed in 2006. I was in denial for the first couple of years, but now things have gotten much worse and I have to accept the truth. I am not on meds but looking into it now. I just discovered a few days ago that my tongue is now tingling. Anybody else have this problem? Geesh, this disease sure sucks!!

I just posted on the main board about the same issue.

Tongue tingling was probably my first symptom. I only have it on half my tongue.

If you're looking for a med that might work, ask your doctor about a small dose of Klonopin (.25 mg).

I've had the symptom for about 15 years, and at first it drove me crazy, now it's mostly like background noise, there if I tune into it, but my brain seems to shut out the annoyance.

But sometimes it pushes to the forefront and really gets my attention...it is distracting!!! I happened on the Klonopin med because I read an article by Yale researchers and they had found that Klonopin helped people with Burning Mouth Syndrome (which they believed was a nerve damage problem.) So I asked my neuro for a Rx for a small dose...and it does help.

I don't take it all the time, but take it when the symptom gets annoying. Also Klonopin is good for spasms, so I take it when those get bothersome as well.

Hope you get some relief.

Comment

Originally posted by rdmc View Post
      I just posted on the main board about the same issue.

Tongue tingling was probably my first symptom. I only have it on half my tongue.

If you're looking for a med that might work, ask your doctor about a small dose of Klonopin (.25 mg).

I've had the symptom for about 15 years, and at first it drove me crazy, now it's mostly like background noise, there if I tune into it, but my brain seems to shut out the annoyance.

But sometimes it pushes to the forefront and really gets my attention...it is distracting!!! I happened on the Klonopin med because I read an article by Yale researchers and they had found that Klonopin helped people with Burning Mouth Syndrome (which they believed was a nerve damage problem.) So I asked my neuro for a Rx for a small dose...and it does help.

I don't take it all the time, but take it when the symptom gets annoying. Also Klonopin is good for spasms, so I take it when those get bothersome as well.

Hope you get some relief.
      THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR RESPONSE..NEVER HEARD OF THE MEDICINE BUT I'LL ASK THE NEXT TIME.
      S

Comment

yes it sucks...

hi i have this too. one side or the tip of my tongue. It's rather irritating at times. Or sometimes it gets really sore on just one side. I also get extream face pain on one side of face and wraps around my head behind my ear. I have had ct scans and x-rays no bad tooth, or sinus I just chalk it up as another ms sx even though i am not dx yet. I was in denail too and I think my dr was as well until this past year where I have gone from cane to walker. Dragging my feet and just trying to get through the day.
        yes this MS or what ever it is totally sucks. There is always something new that crops up. This week its my bladder how fun. I can't go any where at the moment. Just gotta take it one day or one hour at a time.
        Not dx yet, had symptoms now for 4 years. First Neuro App was August 5,10.MRI DEC 8,2010 Finally done. Original MRI was for July 4,2011

Comment

Working...
        X