another newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another newbie

Hey everyone I received my diagnsis of MS on July 5 and it was a huge relief. 4 years of being told that my symptoms were either stress or weight related, someone Finally did an MRI and another year later and many many tests and trips to London hospital I now know I'm not crazy. Happy day! Now, the reality is setting in and I'm finding myself re-evaluating my future plans. Not quite so happy with those thoughts. It is what it is now though and one way or another I' guess I'll deal with it. Glad to have found this site and looking forward to getting to know you all, Thanx for being here.

Hello aimee

Welcome to MS World!

Most of us can relate to your diagnosis being a huge relief to you. All the waiting, wondering, doubting, and thinking you're crazy is over. Thank goodness!

As you said, now the reality is setting in. But at least now you know what disease you're dealing with. (although MS is as unpredictable as you can get )

I like your attitude:

It is what it is now though and one way or another I' guess I'll deal with it.
    And might I add this: taking each day as it comes, one day at a time, and not wasting too much precious time today catastrophizing about the future, is one way to deal with it that works for many of us

Looking forward to seeing you around

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hello again Aimee

I meant to ask you in my post (if you don't mind my asking ) - are you in England? You said you went to a London hospital?

Take care,
      KoKo
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I live in Ontario, London has one of the better MS clinics in the province so I feel like I'm in good hands there.

Comment

Hi Aimee

OK, now I understand - London, Ontario Canada not in the UK

Glad you have a good MS Clinic to go to

Take care,
          KoKo

Comment

Working...
          X