Newbie here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie here

My name is amy & Iam gonna be 40 in oct. I was dx'd a mth ago w/ ms. I don't know which ms I have but hope it's rrms and I pray the avonex will put me back into remission forever (hey, I need to dream!).

Rgt now my arms & hands are numb. I used to have a numb torso (ms hug??) but now the numbness there only happens upon wakening in the morning and then goes away immediately. I have had 4 shots so far of avonex and wonder if I should switch to rebif cuz it's MORE doseage. I'll have to surf around this msg board and see if there's opin's on that.

I cried all day when I read the mri report. I had to take valium to calm down. I was and am still so scared as to what is gonna happen to me years down the road. My fears are subsiding as I learn more about ms. I am ELATED to be here @ msworld.

I have a 6 and 5 yr old, am single, out of work 4 a year now. I am happy to learn my dx because I have baaaaad fatigue and have zero balance. my depression was blamed for the fatigue wrongfully so. I have a severe hearing loss 'corrected' by my hearing aids. When sounds get on my nerves or when I need to really concentrate, I turn my aids off. Well, what scares me is, what if I lose my arms and hands from this ms and can't turn my aids on or off??? That thought freaks me out!

Thanks for reading this long post.

Hello Amy

Welcome to the MS World Forums. Sorry about your MS diagnosis - but you have found a good place to help you deal with it.

You have questions/concerns about the DMD's. Have you checked out the Medications Forum that we have here? You will probably find answers to your questions in the various threads there - or you can start your own new thread with your questions/concerns.

I'm glad to hear that your fears are subsiding. It's normal at first to be fearful. But after awhile, we learn that spending our current days worrying and being anxious about a future that isn't even here yet, or may not even come, is wasting our precious time in the now. Many of have learned that taking each day as it comes, living one day at a time, really helps. (it does take practice, but it can be done!) The "what ifs" will drive you crazy, and cause you much stress.

I'm sure you'll benefit from these forums. There is alot of information and good support. Feel free to ask questions, and vent when you need to.

Best wishes to you and your little children

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

thankyou, koko

Comment

Working...
      X