where to turn for help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where to turn for help

I dont know how ms effects everyone else, but for me im in constant chronic pain in both legs from my waist down. My neurologist basically told me last visit i had with her, she didnt believe my pain was as bad as i say it is. The emergency room gives me dilaudid and sends me on my way. I want to scream at the top of my lungs. Why wont anyone listen to me. Where do you go when the neurologist doesnt believe you? im on the wait list for the ms clinic, but until then im stuck. Why does it seem acceptable for doctors to trivialize what a patient tells them? I have 2 small kids. I dont want to be in so much pain i go to bed and pray for death. I want to enjoy my kids, i want to enjoy my life. sorry for the rant, i just honestly dont know where to turn.

Hi suzib,

I'm sorry you are in such pain.

Have you tried contacting the MS Society-Canada?
    http://mssociety.ca/en/default.htm

Perhaps they can offer some assistance.

Pain is a very real part of MS for some people. I'm sorry that not all neurologists realize that.

Hang in there.

Comment

Hi Suzib,

I'm so sorry to hear about your pain. I had been in pain for a few years and had tried several different meds but none had worked. A friend told me to try Neurontin which is actually an anti-seizure med. My GP didn't want to give it to me at first until he had done some research. I can't believe what a difference it has made!! I didn't realize just how much pain I had put up with until it was gone. Now to be clear, I have nerve pain which is the most common type of pain for people with MS. For me it's a burning that was in my eyes, my back and my arms and legs. I hope you find this helpful!

Which part of Canada are you from? This info. may help others guide you to helpful resources in your area.

Please take care and don't give up. No one should have to suffer.

Take care,

Sids

Comment

Originally posted by suzib View Post
        I dont know how ms effects everyone else, but for me im in constant chronic pain in both legs from my waist down. My neurologist basically told me last visit i had with her, she didnt believe my pain was as bad as i say it is. The emergency room gives me dilaudid and sends me on my way. I want to scream at the top of my lungs. Why wont anyone listen to me.

Where do you go when the neurologist doesnt believe you? im on the wait list for the ms clinic, but until then im stuck. Why does it seem acceptable for doctors to trivialize what a patient tells them? I have 2 small kids. I dont want to be in so much pain i go to bed and pray for death. I want to enjoy my kids, i want to enjoy my life. sorry for the rant, i just honestly dont know where to turn.
        HI SUZI, HANG IN THERE AND REMEMBER THE SQUEAKY WHEEL GETS THE GREASE!!! I FEEL YOUR PAIN IT WILL GET BETTER. CONTACT THE MS SOCIETY OF CANADA
        KEEP US POSTED ABOUT HOW YOU ARE DOING
        BEST OF LUCK
        S

Comment

Working...
        X